Author Topic: ABR Test - how different from audiology?  (Read 7086 times)

wendysig

Re: ABR Test - how different from audiology?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 03:40:52 pm »
Hi Cheryl,

We got together twice in the past year, but have talked about getting together more often.  I hope you can make it next time.  I'm sure you've had the  ABR by now and things look more promising than you've been thinking.  Keep us posted.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

another NY postie

Re: ABR Test - how different from audiology?
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 06:34:57 pm »
Ok, I had the ABR and basically I don't know anything.  She said I could have a copy of the report if all things were normal right away (she knew I have an AN) but of course, I had an abnormal reading which she then said was normal for one having an AN (!?!?!) so she said she couldn't begin to say what dr. will say...had to write up the report....the good news she said is the 5th wave which she said was the most important one, was normal but there were other waves not so hot.  I really don't know what it all means and now have to wait until next week to see if that means my cochlear is involved and what that means for hearing preservation outcome.  I really get the feeling this is all a shot in the dark and some come out with hearing and lots more don't....I feel frustrated to say the least.
5 mm lateral IAC (impacted?) diagnosed 6-09-09
middle fosa 9/23 HEI - Brackmann/Schwartz
all tumor gone, facial perfect, no ringing
SSD on right side - Rockin' and Rollin'