Author Topic: Inspirational Sayings!  (Read 3695 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Inspirational Sayings!
« on: February 22, 2012, 10:10:11 am »
I must find a way to thank my wife!

Today, this morning, I found these on my desk see what you think about them, and see whether you agree with me.

1. "You've always had the power!"

2. "Your life is a reflection of the way you think. You become what you believe."

I think these are two dynamite sayings the first of which is attributable to Glinda the Good witch

The second of which is attributable to Oprah!

Irregardless of where they came from they are inspirational!

Have a good day today!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Inspirational Sayings!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 04:36:48 pm »
Mike ~

The original source for those inspirational sayings, be it a 1930's screenwriter or a famous TV star, are irrelevant to me.  They make the point that we have to empower ourselves and should not be victims - of anything - including an acoustic neuroma.  Oprah Winfrey's admonition that 'you become what you believe' is apt.  This is another version of 'think positive' but, oddly enough, it works.  I envisioned myself coming out of surgery O.K. - and I did.  Frankly, I never expected anything other than a good surgical outcome.  Of course I know that just thinking I would have a good outcome did not directly produce that result but it certainly helped me deal with my pre-op fears and concerns in a very positive way.  I leaned on my spiritual faith to get me through my AN surgery experience and my supportive wife was a huge asset during that time that now seems so long ago (2006). 

I trust that you'll take heart from these inspirational thoughts you've posted and that perhaps others will, too.  Thanks for the contribution.  :)

Jim    
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 11:38:40 pm »
We've got two lives - one we're given and the other one we make (from a Mary Chapin Carpenter song)

The road is not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running (unknown)

Brain surgery?  Been there, done that (unknown)

Release control (my brother's advice when I was heading to surgery - he knows I'm a control freak  ;D )

And my #1 favorite - What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to what lies within us (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

The Emerson quote I found on a rubber stamp shortly before my AN surgery and I used it to make myself a bookmark that I took to the hospital.  I read this quote daily for many months post op.

I also had a mantra - compliments of my neurotologist - "You'll be fine".  I figured if I believed it, it would become reality. 

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 11:51:13 am »
Everybody,

Who's the Country Comedian responsible for the phrase "Get er done!"

This is how we feel sometimes when things re: research slow up.

Who here feels the same way I do? I

just wish things don't have to slow down! I sort of wish that this phase in my life didn't have to take so long, on the other hand, it has enabled me to make a few acquaintances here though that have been helpful like Jim and Jan.

The people who have taken the time to comment on the few posts I have done so far have been comforting to me, and have encouraged me to want to share more, hope I don't bore anybody!

My goal is to inspire people to share their feelings!

Regards,
Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 02:50:06 pm »
Everybody,

Who's the Country Comedian responsible for the phrase "Get er done!"

This is how we feel sometimes when things re: research slow up.

Who here feels the same way I do? I

just wish things don't have to slow down! I sort of wish that this phase in my life didn't have to take so long, on the other hand, it has enabled me to make a few acquaintances here though that have been helpful like Jim and Jan.

The people who have taken the time to comment on the few posts I have done so far have been comforting to me, and have encouraged me to want to share more, hope I don't bore anybody!

My goal is to inspire people to share their feelings!

Regards,
Mike

The comedian you reference is 'Larry the Cable Guy' (Daniel Lawrence Whitney).  He wrote a book with that title, too. 

Thanks for the kind words and don't fret...you don't bore anyone.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Ned

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 06:34:39 pm »
i am brought back to memories of the time of between diagnosis and treatment decision. I got so frustrated, I wanted to scream "make a dang decision" and get on with life, this happened often.   I came upon a journal of those times recently, incredible.  I highly recommend keeping a journal.
2003   1.5cmX1,6cmx1.3cm
FSR Sara Cannon Cancer Center  Nashville
2006  1.1 cmX1.2cmX .9cm