Author Topic: Miss Molly surgery updates  (Read 13733 times)

Cindy Landon

Re: Miss Molly surgery updates
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2009, 05:18:44 am »
Hi Molly,

We are all so happy to hear that you are doing well.  Congrats! We are hoping you have a speedy recovery.  See you soon.

Love from the Landons.

Btw, thanks , Steve and Jim, for moving my post over to this thread.  Now that I have found the thread, I can post to it.  :) I am a newbie, too.

Helga

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2009, 01:21:34 pm »
Oh Molly, I am so happy for you! Wishing you a painless recovery. Thanks to Steve for the updates. So looking forward to see the new and improved Miss Molly!
Helga

MissMolly

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2009, 02:07:53 pm »
Molly just had her Lumbar drain out a couple of minutes ago...Gets to learn how to walk agin in about an hour...Yippee Skipee...Wish her luck...Cheers all...Steve
Diagnosed 3/09 1.1cm tumor - 4/17/09 - had grown to 1.2
Age 61 - married with three adult kids
MidFossa surgery completed June 22nd
Mass General/Mass Eye and Ear - Martuza and McKenna
The tumor has grown back.  Now working with Mass General.  Dr. Loeffler feels I am not a candidate for proton beam.

MissMolly

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2009, 11:16:34 am »
Hi everybody...
Thanx for all the good wishes...I can still hear out of my left ear...Fabulous!!!
My physical therapist keeps giving me exercies to do that make me wonky headed...therefor I don't think we can be friends anymore...However...I shall be a good little soldier and do the wonky head exercises anyways...Who does the magic scarf go to next?
The tumor has grown back.  Now working with Mass General.  Dr. Loeffler feels I am not a candidate for proton beam.

Lilan

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2009, 01:04:15 pm »
Great going, Molly!
Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2009, 01:31:49 pm »
Good Golly, Miss Molly!!!!!!!!!!  Welcome to "Postie-Land" and thrilled to hear you are doing well! Sending continued wellness wishes your way and looking forward to seeing you (I hope) in October at the brunch! 

I would check the AN Calendar for those that have upcoming treatment for the "Journey of the Magic Scarf".   Just a thought.

Hang in there and speedy recovery to you!

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2009, 03:14:26 pm »
Yo, Molly ~

Congratulations on your 'return' and the obvious success of your surgery.  The exercises will become easier over time and really are beneficial.  Keep up the great recovery!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Patti1958

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2009, 04:18:51 pm »
Great to hear from you....little pun there..eh?   keep us posted....don't overdo it!
hugs to you
Patti

cin605

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2009, 08:06:34 pm »
Hi everybody...
Thanx for all the good wishes...I can still hear out of my left ear...Fabulous!!!
My physical therapist keeps giving me exercies to do that make me wonky headed...therefor I don't think we can be friends anymore...However...I shall be a good little soldier and do the wonky head exercises anyways...Who does the magic scarf go to next?
Congrats!!!!The hardest part is behind you.The therapy does get better w/ every session ....baby steps.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

moe

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2009, 10:00:21 pm »
Great news, Molly.The wonky headedness will get better. Nice and slow and easy.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

LisaP

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2009, 05:15:52 pm »
Miss Molly,

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

MissMolly

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2009, 03:39:39 pm »
Hi Again to all,
I've been doing lots and lots of sleeping the last couple of days, since I got home.  Go figure!  Still pretty wonky headed but every day is getting better and better.  I have to say, the loss of my vestibular system as I had known it threw me for a loop!  Learning how everything feels again is veeeeeeeeery interesting.

Steve and I appreciated all the support from you guys during the hospitalization.  Brain surgery is definitely not a common experience you can share with your nearest and dearest.  You guys being a cheerleading squad was a great help.

I have a 'postie' question... I have a dry left eye (not closing all the way).  What was the drop/gel folks use to moisten it up?

Also, I'll get pictures on tomorrow.  My 23 year old daughter is here and she's the right one for the job!!

Love to you all,

MissMolly

Cheryl R

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2009, 03:56:29 pm »
Molly, Good to hear you are home and now the road to real recovery.                 There are many kinds of drops and sometimes takes some experimenting what works best for you.              I love Refresh Liquigel for a heavier drop and doesn't bother the vision as bad as some heavier ones.             Heavier is a Celluvisc and does cause more of a blurred eye.              Use a gel at night and you may or may not need to put something over the eye like a Sarah wrap.  I used a dab of the gel around the edges to hold it in place.          Everyone has their own way if need to keep it covered at night.               Other brands work for some but Reefresh is my own favorite.       Drug and discount stores carry them.                     Some bottle types bother some people with the preservative in it.    It never has for me.   It is very important to keep the eye moist.          Good luck with this!
                                                            Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

MissMolly

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2009, 01:18:29 pm »
Thanks, Cheryl,
I will take a look at these.  I have also discovered a sleep mask works pretty well for naps and such.  Look like a movie star with it on!!  ;)

MissMolly

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2009, 06:53:57 am »
Hi all,
I've been quiet the past few days as I have had some increased swelling which has made my left eye kind of unusable.  Dr. Martuza put me back on steroids  - wheeeee !!  - and it seems to be improving so I can read again and look at a computer screen.

Other than this, recovery hasn't been too bad.  Still dealing with vestibular issues (aka wonky headdedness) and walking nicely with a cane.  In general, however, I feel pretty good.  Clear headed, energy increasing, no pain.  Getting out to walk every day, each day a little more.

My 23 year old daughter left yesterday after a week of being my "home health care aide".  It was great to have her here in the reversal of roles -- she as the caregiver.  I miss her already and it's not even 9:00 am today!.

Hope all is going well for everybody.

Have a great day.

Miss Molly