Author Topic: question answered  (Read 2584 times)

Jsoule

question answered
« on: March 15, 2006, 06:33:18 pm »
Thank you for your replys. This board was a great source of information in the beginning of my AN journey, and even today, 18 months later it is nice to have a place to ask questions. Thanks, Julie

Battyp

Re: question answered
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 07:50:42 pm »
Julie how is it at 18 mos out? 

Jsoule

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 09:01:02 pm »
Hi, Things have not changed much since about 1 year post-op. I still work on the balance, and it can change from day to day. Not sure why I have days where I fell alittle off, but still very managable. The loss of hearing has been the hardest thing to work through. Large groups, concerts, are the most difficult, and I do get frustrated at times, but then I think, I'm alive, healthy, and there are lots of people with more problems than hearing loss....I can still hear. My tumor was 1.7cm and removed by Translab approach. No facial issues, just mild dry eye, but I had this before surgery as I had  lasik surgery done. Mono vision ,so this really screwed up my balance, my poor brain didnt know what to think and this is what led me to the Doctor, as they kept saying my eyes were fine. I seldom think of the surgery and with the exception of an occasional new sensation, it is nice to throw things out to the message board.I'm happy I had the surgery, very greatful it was successful, but will be very scared when I have my 1st MRI. Julie

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 09:03:49 pm »
Thanks Julie,
  I've been told so many different things about my outcome I dont' know which end is up anymore.  I like knowing there is light at the end of the tunnel I just have to focus!