Author Topic: red eye  (Read 21812 times)

Jana

Re: red eye
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2006, 05:20:57 pm »
Hi,
I am 6 years post op.  I had facial paralysis on the left side, but I went to the facial paralysis clinic in Minneappolis for neuromuscular retraining and it worked!  My face started to move!  I don't know if it was the muscles or the regeneration of the nerve but I didn't care.  Today some people can tell and others can't so thats great for me  :D

The best drops( and I 've tried them all ) are Celluvisc by allergan because they are thick and stay in your eye longer.  Also you should try and tape your eye shut at night  and use a little lacrilube ointment.  I also had punctal plugs put in my eye but they kept falling out.  I currently had my bottom tear duct cuaterized shut.  It makes my eye full of water but it keeps it healthy.  I always have a tissue handy to blot it out! ;D

Jeanlea

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2006, 07:45:16 pm »
Jana,

I also have facial paralysis on my left side.  It's been almost 7 months since my surgery.  How soon after your surgery did you go for facial retraining?  I'm also thinking about doing that.  Just not sure when would be a good time.  How much facial paralysis did you have?  I had no movement at all right after surgery.  I have just a little now.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

avioletz

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007, 12:43:09 am »
hi jana,

I had my an removed in may 1995.My facial nerve was cut and was reconnected to my tongue two months after. I have rececently been reading about neuromuscular facial retraining. I want to find out how much it costs to undergo NMR. Also is it possible to do it by myself at home?I'm from the philippines and i don't think NMR is offered here.

Any help is much appreciated

thank you
avioletz