Author Topic: Getting help and support  (Read 22860 times)

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Getting help and support
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 07:30:38 am »
Rob .....

DITTO!!!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

followingHim

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2009, 08:12:49 am »
Rob is so touched by the care and concern for him here and he asks me to pass on his grateful thanks.  He is not a big computer fan but was bowled over by the messages you posted here for him.

The staples came out yesterday and he is fine but still very tired.  I can see an improvement every day. 

Blessings to you all

Sheila and Rob  :)

followingHim

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2009, 07:03:25 am »
Rob has to go back to the hospital clinic tomorrow for a check up.  He is getting some headache, particularly when he moves his head and he is starting to experience some disorientation also.  He is decidedly tired and lethargic today and the hospital thinks it is worth the 300 mile round trip to check him and the valve/shunt.

I hope everyone else is doing
Blessings

Sheila

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2009, 03:28:41 pm »
Sheila ~

Our hopes and prayers for Rob will definitely continue.  After-effects such as Rob is experiencing are not entirely uncommon and often resolve within a reasonable period of time.  However, the medical check-up seems like a prudent course, even considering the 300-mile round trip involved.  Please let us know the results of the consultation.  We're all pleased that your husband is encouraged by our posts.  We wish wellness for Rob and blessings for both of you.   :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

followingHim

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2009, 02:19:58 pm »
Dear Jim
Thank you for your interest in Rob.  The consultation went well and everything seems to be working fine.  This is rather a steep learning curve for us.  It would appear that Rob is expecting a bit too much of himself and must take things more slowly.  It is also thought that he is experiencing some side effects fromt he steroids.  He will have to have another scan to check on the pressure in the ventricles in his brain and we know that the ventricles are slightly enlarged.  At the moment we are not too sure if this will be an MRI scan or a CT scan.  The CT scan can be done at the local hospital but we will have another trip if it is back to the other hospital if it is decided that he needs an MRI scan because he has a strata valve and has to be checked before and after every MRI scan.
We are feeling a lot easier in our minds now.

Thank you again to you all for your prayers

Blessings

Sheila

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2009, 05:51:28 am »
Sheila,

I'm glad Rob met with his physicians yesterday and yes... as many try to "expect" or "do" too much post-any treatment-in life.... I raise my hand as being one of the guilty party as well.  "Day by day, inch by inch...." has always been the mantra for me and hoping Rob will not expect too much each day... and sending those continued wellness wishes his way... and hoping you are doing something special for yourself from time to time as well.  You need hugz as well. Hang tough, please give Rob my best and pls remember to take time for yourself.  Me thinks you need to indulge in a full box of Jaffa Cakes and a full bottle of Radox! :)

Hang in there!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

followingHim

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2009, 12:36:21 pm »
Thanks so much Phyl, you are such a sweetie.

Rob hasn't been too well this week.  We did the paramedics/ambulance/blue lights thing on Monday morning.   That was a bit scarey but Rob is back home now.

We have been finding recently that there are facilities in place for help and support.  We have already had a handrail fitted on the staircase and also a handle on the newall post part way up the stairs.   :) Rob has found that he can fall up stairs as well as down stairs :o which tests my reaction times quite well. :D