Author Topic: Getting help and support  (Read 22832 times)

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Getting help and support
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 07:59:35 am »
Ley ....

Thanks for the update on Rob.  Hopefully this surgery on Thursday will bring an end to the misery he has been having.  You take care of yourself, as well!

Can we put his surgery on the AN calendar? You can either do it yourself by following the link at the bottom of my signature (click on the date and then fill in the information) or one of the moderators can do it. *

Prayers continue .....

Clarice

* I've added Rob's surgery to the AN Treatment Calendar - J.S.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 03:05:28 pm by Jim Scott »
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

moe

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 06:53:38 pm »
  Rob's lumbar puncture showed up that he has a blockage and he will have surgery on Thursday. 

So is he having a LP drain put in? Is that the surgery?
Let us know, and prayers going your way for a successful surgery.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

followingHim

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 03:55:27 am »
Hi Clarice

I don't really understand about the surgery going on the calender.  A senior moment on my part.

Not much reading or knitting happeneing at the moment.

Moe, Rob will have surgery tomorrow, Thursday, to insert a stent do to the hydrochephalus.  We were warned about this possibility when the tumour was exised some 19 years ago.

Rob is very tired - he is not sleeping well in this heatwave we are having, but otherwise he is ok.

Thank you to you all for your prayers.

I wish I had the time to read through the other threads but I am using a public computer at the hospital and there is invariably a queue for it.  You are all in my thoughts and prayers

Blessings

Ley

followingHim

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 03:05:03 am »
A very  brief update - Rob's surgery has been cancelled 4 times so far.  It is now scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday 9th July.  He is still having memory problems and confusion and is getting rather depressed.  He is also getting quite weak, needing help to walk to the bathroom even though he is now using a walking stick.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 07:56:38 am »
Ley .....

So sorry Rob's surgery had to be postponed so many times.  I wondered what happened.

My prayers for tomorrow that all goes well.  Try to let us know when you have a chance.

Clarice

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 04:56:51 am »
Ley

I am SO sorry to hear the saga continues and that Rob is requiring assistance as such... but, let's hope today the docs get to do what they need to do and I continue to send wellness wishes and healing hugglez across the pond.... and don't forget to hold onto a few of my hugglez for yourself.  Please try to hang in there.... we're here for you.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

followingHim

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 03:01:04 am »
Dear Clarise and Phyl

Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement.

I am pleased to report that Rob eventually had his surgery yesterday morning and the improvemrnt in him is amazing.  It really is an answer to prayer.  We have got the old Rob back again. ;D

Hopefully it won't be too long before we can go home.

Thank you so much for your prayers and kindness.

Blessings to you all

Ley-
-

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 05:00:16 am »
Ley

If you could only see the smile on my face with this news!!!!!! Thank you for taking the time to post to let us know Rob's update.... I know you have your hands full and I fully appreciate the updates...... Please give Rob my very best wishes and continued prayers/hugglez continue! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 07:15:05 am »
Ley .....

Thanks so much for finding the time (and a computer!) to let us know about Rob.  And, thank goodness it is good news.  What a relief!

My prayers now for continued improvement and early release to be able to go home!

Clarice

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2009, 10:08:37 am »
Ley ~

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that I share your joy now that Rob is 'back'.  Congratulations.  I'm glad we could share this journey with you.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

followingHim

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2009, 09:55:25 am »
Thank you for all your kind words of encouragement and your prayers.  I brought Rob home on Saturday.  We are so pleased to be home again.  It seems we have been away for ages - much longer than 3 weeks.
Rob is doing well but he is very tired.  He is a little uncomfortable where his surgery sites are - behind the right ear and on the right of his abdomen.  He has had a strata valve fitted and he says it feels very strange to feel the tube inside him - particularly when he moves his head.  He is using a walking stick at the moment because he is so unsteady but I have told him he has to be patient - not to try and rush things.  He is so much more alert with only a tiny bit of forgetfulness but I am sure that will improve too.
The nurse will take out the 11 staples in his head on Friday.  I think he sees that as more progress, which of course it is.  A check up will follow in 6 weeks.

Thank you all for all your interest and concern

Blessings

Ley  :)

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2009, 11:12:52 am »
Ley .....

So glad you are back home again ..... there is nothing like sleeping in your own bed again to speed up the recovery!!  ..... and you take care of yourself, as well.

My prayers continue and let us know how you both are doing.

Clarice

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2009, 12:00:55 pm »
Ley,

congrats to you and Rob! I'm soooo thrilled that he is now home and resting in your own bed. Please give Rob my continued wellness wishes... and maybe for you to enjoy a Radox Muscle Soak bath as you have most certainly earned it! :)

Hang in there and will check on you later!

Phyl

followingHim

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2009, 12:36:49 pm »

I showed Rob the posts here regarding him this morning and he said "what lovely people " :)  He also sends his grateful thanks to you all for your prayers and your concern for him. Rob is going on fine.  He gets very tired but he is making good progress.  The staples come out on Friday morning.  He has 11 in his head and I don't know how many in his abdomen, but he will be glad to have them out.  The hospital even supplied a little gadget for the nurse to use to take them out!

Thank you again for all your support.

Blessings

Ley and Rob

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2009, 05:42:15 am »
Ley and Rob....

ok, stand back....

HEY ROB!!!!!!! HOW YA DOIN'?  GET WELL SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, now I feel better! :D  Hang in there, you 2 and continued wellness wishes coming your way!
Phyl