Author Topic: Bone Conduction Phone  (Read 2829 times)

mikjul1

• Baha blog.
Bone Conduction Phone
« on: June 07, 2009, 05:00:55 pm »
Panasonic KX-TG2388B 2.4 GHz FHSS GigaRange Digital Cordless Telephone with Bone Conduction Technology
A phone that acts like a BAHA cool. Here is a web site to buy it. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000F8EVE8/?tag=httpwww123pro-20    ;D

Bone Conduction Handset - The handset features a bone conduction earpiece that uses vibrations to transmit sound. Bone conduction technology may help people with conductive hearing loss to hear phone conversations more easily. It may also be helpful for people working in noisy environments. Talking Caller ID Tells You Who's Calling - With Talking Caller ID1, you don't have to get up to see who's calling-the phone will tell you. Panasonic cordless phones are the only cordless phones to incorporate true text-to-speech technology used in conjunction with your Caller ID service. There's no need for preprogramming or any fancy setup-as long as you have Caller ID service, just plug-and-play! Now you won't be interrupted by strange calls when you're washing the dishes, eating dinner or just watching TV. Let the phone tell you who's calling, so you can decide if you want to answer it or not. Talking Keypad Helps Make Sure you Press the Right Buttons - When you press a button on the base or handset keypad a synthesized voice will announce what button you pressed to ensure that you are using the correct number or function. Talking Phone Book - After programming names and numbers into your phone book, every time you go to retrieve a previously programmed number that name and number will be announced so that you don't even have to look at or read the LCD screen, you just have to listen for the correct name. Reduced Interference, Improved Security against Eavesdropping - 2.4 GHz Frequency-Hopping Spread Spectrum Technology. That's a mouthful, but what does it mean? Our technology "hops" constantly through a range of available channels to reduce interference and to provide improved security against eavesdropping. And since it's all digital technology, you get long range and incredible clarity
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 05:04:49 pm by mikjul1 »
:) BORN IN THE GOOD OLD USA :)
SSD on right side since 1974
BAHA surgery on 4/21/09 Dr. Carla Lawson
BP100 turn on date 8/13/09

mimoore

• Believe!
Re: Bone Conduction Phone
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 06:48:56 pm »
Very Cool!
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

wendysig

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 10:57:54 pm »
Mike,
Very cool indeed.  Thanks for the link.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 05:55:14 am »
I agree, Mike; VERY cool  8)

Thanks for sharing the info,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 03:06:54 pm »
Mike:

Thanks for the heads-up on the BAHA-type phone.  Although it's very likely a quality phone, it's a bit pricey for me and probably not something I would buy because my operative ear allows me to conduct telephone conversations quite normally...except that I can't 'switch ears' during a long conversation (so I avoid long phone conversations).  Still, I like the idea that such a phone is obtainable.  I might consider one in the future, especially if the price goes down.  I'm sure many SSD folks would be very enthusiastic about this particular phone and be willing to purchase it immediately.  Your link will make them aware that it's on Amazon, and for those of us who aren't in the market for this phone right now, you've alerted us to it's availability.  Thanks!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

raj_06

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 10:04:23 am »
Wow..so cool..I have mild conductive hearing loss on my good ear due to  my eardrum problem..I guess it will help me a lot..thanks a lot Mike for posting this link.

-Raj
"After all these ordeals, I still say all is well":)