Author Topic: Cochlear sent me a present  (Read 3010 times)

wendysig

Cochlear sent me a present
« on: June 06, 2009, 11:08:06 am »
Hi all,

I got a present  from Cochlear yesterday -- a BAHA Aftercare Kit!   :D  It was this neat little kit that came in a clear plastic carrying case and contained  a brochure and DVD about the use and care of my BAHA,, audio wipes for clearning my sound processor, a compact style  mirror, alcohol-free wet wipes for cleaning my abutment, a battery tester (actually that was supposed to be in the kit but wasn't), a sound processor brush for cleaning  the plastic snap and abutment cleaning brush!  No choclate though.   :(   I wonder if Cochlear heard about Jan and Lori's BAHA Recovery Kit and got jealous or inspired!   Has anyone else gotten this kit? 

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

mikjul1

• Baha blog.
Re: Cochlear sent me a present
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 12:00:40 pm »
Congrads on the kit no I did not get one.
:) BORN IN THE GOOD OLD USA :)
SSD on right side since 1974
BAHA surgery on 4/21/09 Dr. Carla Lawson
BP100 turn on date 8/13/09

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 04:07:33 pm »
Wow!  Now I'm jealous (never got one of these kits either) and a little ticked off (sounds like Cochlear is getting into the "kit" business when Lori and I first had the inspiration)  >:(

Anyway, I got a bunch of fun stuff at the time my doc gave me my Divino - 2 Cochlear toothbrushes; a little box full of beads to suck the moisture of my processor, which I've never used; a little card for my wallet that talks about the BAHA that I can show to airport security - even though I have no need to, since titanium doesn't set off metal detectors; the "fishing line" to secure my Divino to my abutment, should I decide to take it on a roller coaster; etc. 

I also have a BAHA t-shirt that I got free from Cheryl R - thank you Cheryl  ;D - and now a Cochlear hat that I got free when I signed up with Cochlear to be a volunteer.

I always knew you were special, Wendy.  But I never realized that you were more special than me  ;)  :D

Enjoy the present!

Jan 
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 10:55:52 pm »
Jan,

I don't think I' m more special, I have a feeling it's just a timing thing.  I sent my warantee registration card in late -- maybe about a month ago and I have a feeling this might just be a new promotional thing.  I also got the drying beads, at least one toothbrush, which Dr.Choe confiscated, the safety linem the card describing the titanium implant and sound processor.  Even though I really appreciate Cochlear's gift, the BAHA recovery kit I got from you was superior in my humble opinion.  Cochlera didn't give me a cup to covery my abutment while I my head was healing and no chocolate.  So there you go, they have good intentions but lack the personal touch!   ;D

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 05:58:24 am »
Wendy -

glad to hear that Lori and I still have a leg up in the competition  ;) LOL

And I was just teasing you about being "more special" - I think that all of us ANers are "more special".  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 11:49:04 am »
An aftercare kit????  I think you're right, Jan... they're trying to move in on our territory!  I knew we should have applied for that patent.

Well, all those things are great, but since chocolate is the most important part, and they left that out...I guess ours is still preferred!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

wendysig

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 03:17:56 pm »
Hi Lori,

Yep, I think you should have gotten a patent!  Rob and I came up with the idea of freezing and  selling White Castle hamburgers and the little boxes they come in at the supermarket back in the 1980s --  long before they did.  I told him we should patent the idea or at least try to sell the idea to the company.  Lo and behold in the 1990s White Castle decided to do just that.  I guess someone else had the same idea.  If Rob had listened toi me, we might be sitting pretty right now.  You snooze. you lose I guess.  In this case though, as I said before, even though the aftercare kit is very nice, yours is still better.

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

mikjul1

• Baha blog.
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 03:34:04 pm »