Author Topic: Oregon Support Group JUNE 2009 Meeting (SW Washington State included/ welcome)  (Read 3468 times)

4cm in Pacific Northwest

DATE/TIME:
Saturday, June 6, 2009
11:15 a.m.

2111 NE 25th Avenue, 
Hillsboro, OR 97124

TOPIC(S):
How the ANA Can Support You On-Line, Navigating the Internet,
Understanding How the ANA Discussion Forum Works
and Internet Safety
Presented by Steve Gerrard, ANA Discussion Forum Moderator

After the presentation, there will be a Summer Send Off Gathering at 1:30 p.m. at the Happy Panda Restaurant in Beaverton

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
that sounds like a terrific idea for an ANA support group meeting! Well done and tickled to hear Steve is doin' it up! Please record/take notes for me/us.... and sorry I can't be there to join in.... esp. for the Welcome to Summer party after the meeting!

Have fun tomorrow!

Steve, "break a leg!" :D  (ok, you know what I mean....)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

sgerrard

You can expect to see us on the forum around 11:30 am Saturday. We will post a reply here. Feel free to drop by and say hello.

(That will be 2:30 pm Eastern, 1:30 pm Central, 12:30 pm Mountain).

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

pdxanabackup

Hi everyone, this is the Portland ANA group learning how to use the forum.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Hi everyone, this is the Portland ANA group learning how to use the forum.

Hi, Portland ANA Group!  You're doing just fine.  Steve is a good teacher!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

moe

Sorry I missed the June meeting.
I live near Seattle. Portland is about a 3 hour drive for me.
Would love to get to the next one.
Can you PM me?
I live near Tacoma, WA actually.
Thanks,
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

4cm in Pacific Northwest

We DID have someone else from Tacoma come... who thinks she is the only one out there...

I will speak with my "ANA leader people"   ;D and see if we can connect you to each other.  This way you can carpool and have someone to talk to on the way down to Portland...

The next one is a "sharing and Caring" meeting in September - watch this link for updates
http://www.anausa.org/support_group_calendar.html

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

moe

Thanks! Is this person from Tacoma the one who recently had surgery at Madigan? Or is it someone else?
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

4cm in Pacific Northwest

someone else

4cm in Pacific Northwest

Photos from that meeting are posted over here  ;D
http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=10509.msg121189#msg121189

DHM