Author Topic: Does anyone here with ANA get more vertigo after flying in a plane?  (Read 3051 times)

SUZIBOOTZ

I have an ANA on the left side of my brain. I had cyberknife radiation July 2008 three times & 2 MRI'S since then. The tumor hasn't changed in size yet. I still have vertigo & balance problems & I lost most of the hearing in my left ear. The neurosurgeon said that it can take up to 18 months to go away. Every time I fly in a plane, I have a much worse problem with my balance & vertigo. Did anyone here ever hear about this?

Kaybo

Hi & Welcome~
I had surgery but do have some balance problems (mainly when I am tired) but have never had any trouble with flying...have done it a LOT and started right after my AN surgery!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Migoi

• Loving life as a hill dweller.
    • Migoi's Mumblings
I have flown several times post-op and have not experienced any additional balance or vertigo problems...of couse, I still experience the sheer terror of being in a large metal object suspended 25,000 feet in the air by pure magic..but my vestibular system doesn't seem to be affected.

Do you experience similiar increases in difficulty when on other types of transporation such as boats or moving sidewalks/excalators?

..take care.. tim e
Arkansas Support Group Leader
The wild places are where we began. When they are gone, so are we. - D.B.
AN's only affect the smartest, most interesting people in a population.
On a hill in Onda, AR
http://www.facebook.com/migoi

carter

Re: Does anyone here with ANA get more vertigo after flying in a plane?
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 10:48:46 am »
i had CK in early January 2009. 

i had no issues with balance after flying.

i went on a cruise just before treatment and i had a few issues with sea legs???

i just discovered one new aspect to life ...... i have had some of the balance issues - wobbly head.  livable but there ....  we just went on vacation for  a week.  we went fishing.  we have the 16 foot metal hull semi v hull so it is not a stable platform.  i almopst went into the water as i had gotten in and my wife tehn added to the instability by getting in and walking.

i would get into the boat at the dock and have to plant my rear down until i got out.  with the waves and wakes, i could not trust my balance to move around in the boat.  when i did move my wife said i would hug the back of the seat.

i am not sure that the boat added any issues - just produced a new challenge.

carter
Diagnosed in fall of 2008 with 1.6 * 2.9cm AN on left side. 

Scheduled CK at Oklahoma Cyber Knife in December, 2008 and decided not to proceede on 2nd date that CK was scheduled.  I fired them.

CK performed at St John's Hospital (Tulsa)Jan 2009