Author Topic: Brenda-Teff  (Read 1831 times)

teffhubbie1

Brenda-Teff
« on: May 29, 2009, 11:35:25 am »
For those of you waiting for information on Brenda, she came through her surgery at St. Joseph's Phoenix very well. The doctor this morning told me that she is doing very well for what she's been through. She has some facial weakness on her left side, but that should go away. She's in significant pain, but I can't imagine that wouldn't be the case.

She has deeply appreciated the support she's had from all of you. Can't dream what she'd have done without you!! Thank you!

I'll post every day or two.

Rocky-Teff hubbie

May 30 5:49 PM
I had a long visit with Brenda this afternoon. Her pain is down, but the vertigo is still a problem, but, of course, not unexpected. Brenda is just excited because she is so much better than she thought she's be at this point. She is optimistic and just wishes the time would go faster. I am very pleased with her progress.

When I came in this afternoon, I had all the posts you had written and read them to her. She was very pleased. I know she has a long way to go, but we are glad to be to this point. Thank you for your kind support and all who posted as well as read my post.

Thank you!

Rocky

June 1 8:45 AM
Brenda was walking yesterday, is much more conversational and is in good spirits.
     -RR
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:46:12 am by teffhubbie1 »

cindyj

Re: Brenda-Teff
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 02:01:07 pm »
Thanks for letting us know she's through her surgery and doing well.  Nothing to be done about those first few days, except to just get through them...then things should really begin to improve for her - we'll be here for her...and you!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 03:28:12 pm »
Hi, Rocky -

Thanks for the update on Brenda.  Along with everyone else, I'm pleased to learn that she made it through the surgery with few post-op issues and that what she has will very likely resolve, soon.

I hope and will pray that Brenda's pain quickly decreases and that she'll be in full recovery mode very soon.  We're glad to be here to support her - and  we'll look forward to your next update. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 05:10:30 pm »
Hi Rocky,

That is great news.  Time and rest is what Brenda needs now, oh ya, and meds ;D, don't let her get behind on the meds especially the first few weeks.

As a caregiver, I know first hand how crazy it is for you right now but, make sure you take care of yourself too, eating and getting your rest.  You will feel better, and it will put Brenda's mind at ease knowing your okay.

Thank you for the update.

You will both be in our thoughts and prayers,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 05:31:55 pm »
Hi Rocky ....

Thanks for telling us about Brenda.  So glad her surgery is behind her now and she is on to the recovery phase!  The first three days (aka F3D) are lousy and like others have said just take the meds!  Soon she will begin a quick turnaround in how she feels.

..... and be sure you take care of yourself.  It can be almost as painful to watch your loved one suffer and you do not have her meds.  Get plenty of rest and that goes for Brenda, as well.

Keep letting us know how both of you are doing.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 10:22:33 pm »
Rocky -

thank you so much for the update on Brenda.

When she's feeling up to it, please give her our best.

Looking forward to your next update,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

suboo73

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 07:47:21 am »
Rocky, 

We appreciate your posting and hope for a speedy recovery for Brenda!
Thank you for taking the time to send an update.

Take care.
Thoughts and prayers to you, Brenda and your extended family.
Sincerely,

Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W