Author Topic: Nothings Working...  (Read 17465 times)

JudyT

Re: Nothings Working...
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 09:35:20 am »
Cin....I have tried vestibular training (no avail) Next week going to pain management (physical therapist) clinic to see if there is something new to try. With weather system moving through.......tinnitus, balance, fatigue, headpressure increase etc. everything is difficult. 4 years out now with increase in symptoms?????? FRUSTRATED to say the least. Had MRI on Saturday for upcoming visit to Stanford. I wish I could just get to a place where I can function, even if slow, but able. My motivation is very low....tears come easy.....I want to do sooooooo much and just can't pull it together physically and mentally. Everything seems to be larger than life and overwhelming to attempt. I know this darn weather system is partially to blame.......BUT want to be more active and motivated. I really do have a blessed life........just want to enjoy it more.
Judy

cin605

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 12:15:26 pm »
Sorry to hear your in the same boat Judy..hang in we are w/ you!
I just got back from primary i have a lymphnode infection on left side same side that was swollen for 3 months after surgery..he told me it was the same thing when i went to him after surgery...I think its just another issue that is going to be ongoing.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

epodjn

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 12:20:17 pm »
Oh, Oh, Oh, how I can relate. . . .and wish I didn't. That whole sensory overload thing is something I thought was just happening to ME. I guess I'm in good company though. My neurosurgeon told me family that the faster they got me out into social situations the better I would recover. Boy what a mistake. It just kind of freaks me out sometimes. It's better than it was so hopefully it will resolve itself soon. Hang in there and know that while there isn't always a lot we can do for each other just knowing you are all out there and understand me is worth more than words can say.
Left side 3.2cm AN/FN removed 12/8/08 Dr's. Shelton and Reichman. SSD, facial paralysis,taste issues, lateral tarrsoraphy 6/25/09,scheduled for eye and nasal valve surgery 6/22/11 life is GOOD!

JudyT

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 07:13:58 am »
Oh boy.....I hear you! Just the knowing I'm not nuts. It seems like the only ones that get it are here! I am in tears,having anxiety, balance and headache issues AGAIN today. I feel awful. Storm front moving through again today....barometric pressure must be at it again. I get lymph fluid buildup that my massuese releases. The last time she was here she worked really hard on me and my sinuses let go like a flood. I couldn't believe how much. I have taken 1/2 Valium and 1 Vicodin and waiting for relief to come soon. I have misplaced my 3 carat diamond earings that I removed and wear all the time for my MRI on Saturday and am mystified where I would have put them as rings and solitaire pendant were right where I put them but no earings. They are very precious gifts from my guy and I am so upset with my "stupid mode"All the  other stuff seems doable but when I do something like this I think I'm losing my mind. They are insured but it doesn't change my responsibility to put them away properly. All things considered I feel so off center and just want to find some answers to my behavior. My 17 yearold grand daughter is coming this afternoon and she is so wonderful and patient with "Nanny".....God bless her....she does get it and is most helpful and calming for me. She is very protective of me and sooooo helpful. I have always been so competent and reliable and now feel so stupid and unable to function responsibly. How could all of this be related? Does anyone else have these feelings?
Judy

cin605

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 07:30:52 am »
Hi Judy..Again i am going through the same....i thought i lost my emerald necklace & looked high n low....couple days go by there it is plain site right in the basket i knew i put it in...its like i will look for something & look right at it when iam looking for it & it doesn't register that that is what i am looking for...i did the same w/ my glasses.
Thank God you have your grand daughter to help you & support you.
43yrs old

JudyT

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 07:52:12 am »
Cin..........Why do you think this happens? I recall taking them off, carefully putting the backs on them and placing them SOMEWHERE! I know they are in this house BUT where? Not any of the usual places.
Starting to feel better with meds kicking in......only slept 4-5 hours intermitently. Good sleep seems to be an issue these days and most necessary for coping skills to work. Fear of something.....don't know what....is my emotional state.
Judy

epodjn

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 10:25:33 am »
I have also lost my diamond earrings (not nearly as large as yours but still special to me). I have looked for weeks but still have not found them. They were a gift from my dear hubby. I would feel horrible if they don't turn up soon.
It's all so strange. Some days I feel almost normal and then other days I feel like I'm in a fog and can't function at all. And does anyone have these weird feelings in their head like your brain is shifting or something. I feel like there is some kind of movement in my head and it hurts but not like a headache. I've tried to explain it to others but they just look at me like I'm crazy. Sometimes wonder if i am. But I've notice when this happens is when I have to most problems with cognitive functions. Anyone else have this?
Left side 3.2cm AN/FN removed 12/8/08 Dr's. Shelton and Reichman. SSD, facial paralysis,taste issues, lateral tarrsoraphy 6/25/09,scheduled for eye and nasal valve surgery 6/22/11 life is GOOD!

JudyT

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 12:30:22 pm »
Yes......you have company...me....Judy! This dilema has gone on for several days now and I am just stuck on it for some reason. I am having bouts of vertigo etc. then tears and anxiety follow. I pull myself back together then it returns. I have gone outside and sat in the garden, called a friend, made some soup for lunch but nothing seems to help. I am just lost it feels like. I have arranged for a massage this afternoon in the hope it will help....she is soooo good and a dear friend as well. Perhaps the company wll help also.
 I do hope you find your precious earings soon.......it makes one feel so bad to be so irresponsible. He has noticed I am not wearing them but I can't bear to tell him.

cin605

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009, 01:00:44 pm »
Oh my ...to much coincidence.....i went to bed at 12am woke up 3am up til 6 sept enough to have nightmare betwen 6-7 back awake.very tired today...heavy headed.....tinitus loud...vision off,just tried to nap didn't sleep but rested.
I have tried 4 different meds for depression all the side effects were worst then the depression its self.
We will get through this rough long road .i feel as i am much stronger person..sometimes..then others week & incopetent.
missed my therapy sesion today didn't write it down forgot all about it.
43yrs old

JudyT

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 06:32:30 am »
I'mmmmmmmmmm back!!!!!!! 5:00am.....not much REAL sleep.....headache...tinnitus...balance?....anxiety...nausea...and dreams (strange) soooo tired...I took something for sleep/anxiety too.....didn't help! Tears are plentiful...frustrated....BUT my massuese/friend found my earings where I had looked 1/2 dozen times when she came for massage yesterday. She is also my housekeeper and knows where EVERYTHING goes!!!! Thank God! Massage really helped for a while then it all came back....grand daughter was most comforting as always...my guy called from business trip and was encouraging.....grandson came with a big bear hug.....what more could one want? I have such a blessed life in so many ways and yet I cry out of despair....frustration and just plain feeling like (you know!) I am sooooo tired.....I think I could pull out of this if nausea and balance improved. If I could just move about and change my direction and focus I could manage the rest.....I have before....not this time. This is the worst stretch of this I have ever faced with no resolution.....laying down helps some....but it still persists......in the 4 years I have never been this bad....I don't think. I just feel lost to it all.

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 08:07:26 am »
I'm so sorry you are going through a bad patch, but I am glad there are so many on the forum who can reach out to you because they are going through the same thing.  I will be lifting you up in prayer for comfort and relief.  You are right to think about your blessings-friends, family, and your newly found earrings!  I hope all of them can help to take your mind off of the negative stuff to some extent.  Hang in there!
Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

cin605

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 10:51:07 am »
I am so glad you found your earrings..it just drives me crazy to lose stuff.
I am taking promethazine for nausea as needed it also has something in it that helps w/ clogged feeeling i only take it as needed
it also is supposed to calm your nerves so to speak.Maybe you can ask your primary care physician about it.
Today i have the muscle spasms in neck n head goin on YAY!
I did sleep last night thanks to a lorazepam n 1/2 darvecette before bed.Slept from 11pm to 4:30 am .Stiil woke up w/ head pain.
Its all a big pain in the REAR if you ask me! ;D
43yrs old

JudyT

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2009, 02:51:32 pm »
Cin.....I have diazapam and Vicodin would that work? They are pretty much the same I think. I am very cautious with meds and use only when needed. I am getting very little sleep...11/12 until 4/5 with intermittent wake ups...dreams...pain etc. Coping skills nil when tired. I do really well when I am rested as far as attitude....excercise...interaction.........the fatigue is dibilitating........No energy isn't good.
Thanks for your response...

Judy in California

cin605

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2009, 02:57:08 pm »
I can not take vicodin so i am not sure.....vicodin makes me really feel more crappy than i feel to begin w/.It makes my heart race & keeps me awake.
I think darvecette is a step down from it.
43yrs old

JudyT

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 08:56:38 am »
I took diasapam and Tylenol PM last night.....did better. Woke up a few times but went back rather quickly. I still am tired and anxious (nausea) about circumstances.....weather front passing through so perhaps that's contributing to pressure in my head. I feel tense in neck and shoulders. I am trying relaxation techniques to help. I am just at my end with all of this.......need an attitude adjustment badly.
Judy