Author Topic: Atlanta vs. LA vs other  (Read 1746 times)

B

Atlanta vs. LA vs other
« on: March 05, 2006, 10:21:07 am »
I now have three doctors agreeing that my AN has grown in the past two years. Dr. Rigamonti at Johns Hopkins, where the prior treatment was done, will not repeat the FSR and recommends surgery. He said he'll send me the details of the measurements, in a letter.

I have an appointment to see Dr. Mattox of Emory in Atlanta and will call for an appointment with Dr. Bhansali, both for the first time.

Please let me know if you have information or opinions about them or other Atlanta doctors. There would be many advantages to staying in Georgia, if I can find someone with good experience.

I would also consider other options.

Byron Jones,
left acoustic neuroma, FSR treatment June,1999, failed to control growth.
B in Georgia, USA
AN FSR June 1999
Translab May 2006

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Atlanta vs. LA vs other
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 11:28:18 pm »
Hi Byron and welcome.

I'm surprise your FSR didn't work. Did you have GammaKnife, Cyberknife, Novalis, etc? I'm curious.

Emory is the best in Atlanta. You've done great.  Unless something is going on at Northside Hospital, I'd say (for local/Metro Atlanta, where I lived for many years and my family still does), Emory is certainly the best around.

Be well,
Phyllis
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

john twoffer

• Acoustic Neuroma Foundation
Re: Atlanta vs. LA vs other
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 03:40:08 pm »
I'm in the same boat with Dr. Rigamonti saying FSR has failied. Because I have co-morbidities for surgery, I am thinking of going on for Gamma Knife. I have seen Dr. Kondziolka and Dr. Ott and they would both do gamma knife, possibly now, or if and when the tumor approaches 2 cm in size.
Acoustic Neuroma and Cyst in my head.
I volunteer at:
www.AcousticNeuromaFoundation.org