Author Topic: microvascular decompression prodecure  (Read 3353 times)

reg

microvascular decompression prodecure
« on: May 14, 2009, 10:51:23 am »
has anyone had this procedure, and if so, what or how would you or your physician have diagnosed if you needed it.  the reason i ask is because through all research i have done it seems that i might be a candidate iam 28 months post-op for a surgical removal of a 4cmm an and i still struggle with balance issues, facial numbnes/tightness, peripheral neuropathy and other challenges it feels as though i have pressure on the an side constantly i've have eye surgery to allign them about 9 months ago my vision is much better but the sight on an side is still very blurry using restacious eye drops for it my facial muscles are intact just the numbness/tightness and noviciane feeling wont go away so iam thinking that a nerve is being pressed any info would be greatly appreciated
4.5 cm retro surgical removal dec 06

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: microvascular decompression prodecure
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 11:23:51 am »
Reg .....

I had microvascular decompression surgery for trigeminal neuralgia 15 years ago (see below) ..... long before the diagnosis of my AN on the opposite side.  In my case it was diagnosed through my classic symptoms of excruciating flashes of pain across my forehead and cheek (ending exactly in the middle of my face).  If you want to PM me, I can give you any additional details you might want.  I will say it was the best thing I ever did ..... to have the surgery, even though I resisted having it for months ..... "No brain surgery for me, thank you very much!"

In your case, coming after AN surgery may be a different ballgame.  Did someone mention having MVD for your symptoms?

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011