Author Topic: Update Occipital Nerve Surgery  (Read 2709 times)

Janet

• Janet Sherwood Photography
Update Occipital Nerve Surgery
« on: May 13, 2009, 04:07:34 pm »
Hi All.

I've been busy helping with a new grandbaby and trying to get my garden planted. We had a few warm days in Seattle but today is cool and it is starting to rain.
Thought I'd take the opportunity to give you an update. It has been a little over 3 weeks since surgery to correct back of the head nerve pain that frequently radiated to the back of my eye.

The behind the eye pain is gone. This is what I would take Maxalt for. (It resembled migraine type pain.) I have not taken Maxalt since surgery because I haven't needed it. There seems to be a disconnect between the back of my head and behind my eye. 

There is one tender dime-size spot on my incision but I can't feel it unless I press on it.  I don't want this to connect to any muscle so I move it around and pull up on it by my hair so it doesn't have the opportunity to adhere. (This is my own idea.) At any rate, I don't have any headaches from that either.

I get some neck aches and tightness but it doesn't go anywhere. I put ice on it (thanks Joe) and it goes away. Previously, neck aches and tightness would set off headaches but not now. There is an area about the size of a softball on the left side of the back of my head that is numb and I love it!

So.....no headaches........small tender spot on incision that I can't feel unless I press on it.............occasional stiff neck that it limited to the neck.

I am still cautious but I am very happy with the results so far.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Janet

Surgical removal of 1 cm x .8 cm x .6 AN on 4/2004.

cin605

Re: Update Occipital Nerve Surgery
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 12:07:05 pm »
I am also on maxalt & it seems to ease the migrains/headachs sooner than any thing else i have tried.
I have also been doing chiropractic...just started massage therapy.trying it all.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old