Author Topic: A BAHA moment!!  (Read 5917 times)

grega

Re: A BAHA moment!!
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 07:35:09 am »
Joef ...... I like that idea for the hair-cutter  :D:o;D!   

Any humorous stuff helps prepare for baha!  Yesterday, I was wearing the Divino tester (a real ugly thing) during choir practice before service.  Of course I got comments and questions.  Best retort was .... I'm now with the CIA and I'm checking things out cause Pres Obama is gonna worship here today    8)

..... OK OK ya had to be there ......  ::)

Greg
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"

mikjul1

• Baha blog.
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 05:05:43 pm »
How is the demo going Greg?
:) BORN IN THE GOOD OLD USA :)
SSD on right side since 1974
BAHA surgery on 4/21/09 Dr. Carla Lawson
BP100 turn on date 8/13/09

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 05:14:24 pm »
Wow, Greg!  I didn't realize you worked for the CIA  :o   ;)   ;D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 09:25:09 pm »
Greg,

I'm sure it was a very funny bit saying you were checking the place out for the Obamas.  I also think your idea about the hair stylist might be funny, but to tell you the truth, the first haircut I had after my BAHA surgery didn't even make the guy who cuts my hair bat an eyelash although he was pretty taken aback when he say the scar from my AN surgery (who wouldn't be though).  He said he's seen the BAHA abutment  before and would have known what it was if I hadn't already told him.  I guess they do see all kinds of thiings in that kind of job.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

grega

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 06:23:06 am »
Jan .. oh sure I work for the CIA, owned by Chuck, Inez and Alfie .... we make widgits .... it's a real fine company!

Mike, the D-tester does work well, except in noisy situations.  Think It'll help more in less-noisy places where I still would need ... or desire ... to hear those on my right.  Based on what you all say here, I'm looking forward to the real thing helping me hear the tenor in choir, carpoolers when I drive, roller coaster screamer, and specially my wife (DUH!)  ::)   ;D

Wendy, re hair cutting, I gotta watch it if hair's a bit long.  In summer, clippers might be used for a shorter cut.  Think I should tell them so there are no mishaps ..... damaged abutment  :o  or damaged clippers.   :-X  I would guess less possibility of a problem with styling womens' hair.

Keep  ;D-ing !
Greg
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"