Author Topic: Double vision connected to occipital nerve inflammation?  (Read 18085 times)

4cm in Pacific Northwest

Re: Double vision connected to occipital nerve inflammation?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 10:28:37 pm »
Joe,

The more I re-read back on your posts the more I think you should insist on seeing a nuero ophthalmologist.

Here is a neuro ophthalmologist department I googled - in your area.

http://sitenav.bidmc.harvard.edu/display.asp?node_id=1515

I am curious as to with the double vision -if you may have nystagmus.

What is nystagmus?
http://www.bcm.edu/oto/cfbd/what_is_nystagmus.html

I am suggesting you try to get a referral… in the meantime keep the cornea hydrated.

DHM

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Joe Meehan

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 07:52:19 pm »
Daisy, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me out. I will do exactly as you suggest here. I'm going to get an opinion from a nuero ophtalmologist. I'll be seeing my PC this week I'll order an MRI with dye. They want me to get one anyway after the accident. I'm going to take your notes to him and look for a nuero in my area. This is exactly why I post my case on this board. You never know what you are going to learn. Even if it is negative it is worth checking out. I'm growing more skeptical of what I hear from doctors. I no longer expect them to know everything. Joe
Retromastoid Mass Gen 7/30/08 Drs. Barker & Gopen
2.5 x 3.4 12hrs completely removed. 100% facial palsy but facial nerve intact.
75% return of movement as of 8th month, removed eye ingot 3/09 good progress.
Deaf R side, tinnitus, balance problems, muscle spasms, muscle tension headaches daily.

Joe Meehan

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 08:01:46 pm »
BTW after 6 months they took my eye weight out. They determined I didn't need it any more. Maybe they took it out too early.

My face is about 75% back and seems to get better by the month but my lower lid is still not back to normal.  I'll try that new eye lube. I'm using Celuvisic drops.
Deaf R side, tinnitus, balance problems, muscle spasms, muscle tension headaches daily.

Joe Meehan

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 08:07:00 pm »
as for the nystagmus I watched the video. I think my dr checked for this. He had me turn my head while watchig his finger.