Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775112 times)

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #2880 on: September 30, 2008, 11:02:18 am »
Well, I hope you do post baby pictures, as we'd all love to see the new baby.  I admire your restraint in not finding out the sex of your baby, because most people want to know ASAP!  Of course, when my little one came into the world, that was a rare thing to know before hand.  My first thought when they said, it's a boy, was, Oh my gosh, I don't know a darn thing about little boys.  Let me tell you, I learned fast.  There are many times that I wish I could have my baby back for a day, just to hold him, and rock him, and just look at that sweet baby face sleeping in my arms.  *sigh*  Of course, since we didn't know what we would be bringing home, I had a sweet little pink thing for her to wear.  So one day, my husband came home to our son wearing the pink outfit!  ::) He about had a fit! HA I told him I just wanted to see what the outfit looked like on a baby.  He never wore it again.  (Sorry David! ;D)

Best of luck to you and your new little one.

Sue in Vancouver USA, who really wants to hold a baby now!!
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2881 on: September 30, 2008, 11:53:09 am »
AAAARRRRRR Ahoy Mateys!
Well, now I gues we needs ter go gout and get one o' them lil yeller square thingies wiv BABY ONBOARD wot alla them yuppie soccer moms got on their minivan winders and hoist it up the yardarm! Mrs Laura-wench o' the PBW be birthin her young'un as we speak! Hope she give it a strong pirate name like Bluebeard junior or Francis Drake or Anne Bonny or sumpthin like it!

Blessins upon the wee one and Mrs. Laura-wench and her family today and always and know that the rowdy crew of the PBW will be thinkin' of ye all today!

Capt Deb
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 11:58:35 am by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2882 on: September 30, 2008, 04:21:42 pm »
Oh Cap't Deb, I'm laughing out loud!  What a picture.  Hey, don't give these new mother's anymore ideas on name for babies.  I just read where some celebrity named one of their kids Gulliver.  I mean it's some kind of race to see who can come up with the stupidest name to name their poor child.  Anne Bonny is okay but Bluebeard might be a bit much.  Pirate-let or no Pirate-let.  ;)

Putting my foot down for decent names for decent kids,

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2883 on: September 30, 2008, 05:00:34 pm »
Hi ye all,

Sorry i have been struck down with that rotten headache again.

laura, all a down under has decided to have a public holiday in your honour on Monday. It's labour day!!!! hopefully you won't still be in labour then.

trusting all will work well for you with the birth and the all a them nasty medical things. the Goode Ship PBW aint goin' near them bloodsucking scoundrels on Wall Street. I'm not sure if they'd take too kindly with an invasion of drunken scalleys and wenches weilding feather dusters. Mind you, if we did a nudie run through, it would get their attention!

We still be parked in the carribean waiting for laura Wench's news. Might be a good idea to be enjoyin' the relaxin' life for a bit, amidst the world turmoil.

Take care ye matey's

Laz

2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2884 on: September 30, 2008, 07:08:01 pm »
Rum and Coca Cola!  Sounds good to me.

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #2885 on: October 01, 2008, 07:33:12 am »
Actually the world's best cocktail is Mount Gay and coconut water.  The stuff that comes out of the center of a fresh coconut. You get a strong West Indian mon to whack one open wiv his machete and then you pour in a big glurg of Mount Gay from Barbados and some ice, and swish it around wiv a straw a slurp it up.  Ah de memories!

Capt Deb

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2886 on: October 01, 2008, 10:22:36 pm »
Captain -

can you arrange for a strong West Indian mon to bring some coconuts and his machete to the symposium?  The rest of us can be responsible for bringing the Mount Gay and the ice  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #2887 on: October 02, 2008, 01:01:06 pm »
How bout we have the next symposium in de West Indies! Plenty strong West Indian mon down dere!  Han'some ones, too!

Capt Deb

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2888 on: October 03, 2008, 11:18:39 pm »
Sounds like a plan  ;D

A GREAT one, in fact  ;D

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #2889 on: October 04, 2008, 08:07:02 am »
Capt~
Can you please make sure it is a HOT, SINGLE West Indian mon for out sweet Jan??

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2890 on: October 04, 2008, 10:47:10 am »
Thanks for thinking about me, K.

As I'm getting older, the hot isn't really important anymore - hell sane would be a great start - but the single is definitely a requirement  ;)

Jan

Laura

« Reply #2891 on: October 06, 2008, 07:15:11 am »
You guys are cracking me up! The baby has arrived...we have a boy :). His name is Morgan... Not a very good pirate name unless you consider the liquor Capt. Morgan LOL. But of course he would have to be a Jr. to Capt. Deb! We had a little scare with him as the cord was wrapped around his neck and caused him a lot of facial brusing but he is home and well now and we could not be happier.

Thank you all for your well wishes and thoughts; it really means a bunch. I'm trying to remember how to insert pictures??? Man, it's been a while. If it doesn't show I will keep trying :)

Lots of luv to all.

Laura

Diagnosed August 17, 2006
AN on right side 1cm x 7mm x 7mm
30% hearing loss with no other symptoms
Watching and Waiting
http://www.patient-network.com/lparr
It's mind over "matter"... even if the "matter" is in my mind

Laura

« Reply #2892 on: October 06, 2008, 07:16:27 am »
Okay, I can't remember... someone please remind me how to post a pic?
Diagnosed August 17, 2006
AN on right side 1cm x 7mm x 7mm
30% hearing loss with no other symptoms
Watching and Waiting
http://www.patient-network.com/lparr
It's mind over "matter"... even if the "matter" is in my mind

Kaybo

« Reply #2893 on: October 06, 2008, 07:17:46 am »
CONGRATULATIONS...a boy...I wouldn't know what to do with outdoor plumbing!!   ;D  So happy for you - can't wait to see a picture.  Sorry I can't help you with that!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2894 on: October 06, 2008, 07:29:10 am »
Okay, I can't remember... someone please remind me how to post a pic?

Hi Laura and congrats!!!!! A Boy named Morgan! Lovely!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you all!!!!

I took a look at how you posted the pic (us Mods have special magic powers to see how you did it..)... you cannot post it directly from your harddrive... you did everything right to "insert" a pic but please upload it to frapper, KodakGallery, photobucket, etc... then copy the URL of the pic once posted on one of these sites (ie: once you post the pic  there, place mouse over pic, then "right click" to see the "Properties"... open "Properties" and "copy" the entire URL line)... then come back here and "insert" (the same way you did before) and "Paste" the link.

again, congrats! :)

"auntie" Phyl
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 07:30:43 am by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"