Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775235 times)

Battyp

Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #2250 on: February 27, 2008, 11:52:35 am »
I'd much rather celebate the sugery date given that I woke up than my diagnsosis date. Making it through is a much better celebration than a celebration of something negative.

Sue the dogs are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the link. Happy Birthday!

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #2251 on: February 27, 2008, 12:28:19 pm »
yea, I was thinking the same thing... why celebrate the day the doctor gave you the worst news of your life ???.  Personally, I celberate each and every day I wake up and say a prayer of thanks for my continued recovery and all my blessings. And of course I especially celebrate my suregery ANiversary, forever grateful that I survived that horrible surgery.

Thanks be to God, my surgeons, and this forum....the folks on here were a lifesaver during my darkest moments during the hard parts of recovery.

HUGS
Patti UT  :-*
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2252 on: February 27, 2008, 02:51:18 pm »
I celebrate everyday I wake up!  Pour me a glass of that wine, please.  We can toast to the many blessings we all have and we all share.
Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

OMG16

« Reply #2253 on: February 27, 2008, 07:40:11 pm »
Hey guys just a thought here, isn't LADavid qualified to play a Dr?  We could lure him with some fresh rum I'm sure.  Matti I'm sure we could hook you up with a seeing eye assistant!  I second the motion for the ship to be called the BattyPrincess and sailing to the Grand Caymens.  That is my sons fav spot to cruise to.  The velco vest idea is great.  Just be careful with this group as if you get stuck they will forget about you and leave you behind to unstick yourself (lol).  Sail on my friends.  16

PS I think we should all brings our pets with us.  Now who should we get to clean up after them?  Hmmm maybe some of the real Drs and those once in a million grumpy night nurses.  ;)
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #2254 on: February 27, 2008, 07:50:49 pm »
  how about the resident doctors who pesterd me almost to death at the university hospital after surgery.  they can clean up after the animals.  Seems you have  been reading about 100 pages back???  BTW,  the ship has always been the PBW  Princess Batty Wench as far as I know.  The velcro vests came in a long long time agon,  great invention they  ARRR ARRR ARRR for us wobbly An folks,  had to wear one and install velcro all around my house just after surgery, was like being inside a pinball machine,  me being the ball  LOL

Patti Ut
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore

OMG16

« Reply #2255 on: February 27, 2008, 07:59:31 pm »
Patti that is a great idea!  I vote for the Residents, they so need to be reminded that they are our employees so to speak.  They do pester all of us to death!  I'm bad I have not read all of the posts so I'm shooting in the dark here.  I guess that is why they left me to unstick myself.  You are a hoot........I'm getting a visual of you as the ball.  ;D 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2256 on: February 27, 2008, 08:02:16 pm »
I celebrate treatment anniversary.  Diagnosis was darkest day for me (esp., for me, double diagnosis on one day, with a 3rd nasty given prior).... but, I celebrate treatment... and with good reason. I started my new life, post treatment... and that is what I carry with me.

Gawd, I miss the PBW Muster drills back on pg. 2-10 in this thread. Was such fun! Including velcro life vests.  BTW, did Matthew ever stowe away with us?

David, me likes Sir Tony!  Will make sure, as the cursed cruise director, that you and Sir Tony, sit at Captn's table for dinner! :D

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #2257 on: February 27, 2008, 08:10:14 pm »
 I don't think Mathew actually stowed away with us, but we sure dipped him in a lot of chocolate....over and over  and over  LOL

I think chocolate dipping Mathew replaced all them Greek massage Gods

patti ut

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #2258 on: February 27, 2008, 08:14:09 pm »
OK, I'm pullin a Cap'n Deb and replying to me own post...lol
I celebrate everyday I wake up!  Pour me a glass of that wine, please.  We can toast to the many blessings we all have and we all share.
Hugs,
Brenda

Brendalu,  I've been pouring you a glass of wine...several to be exact since you posted this, and you have not drunk them, I've been having to do all the work for you  ;D

patti UT

Battyp

« Reply #2259 on: February 27, 2008, 09:26:24 pm »
I need to find a wine that is very sweet. Since surgery all wine taste like vinegar to me  :P
Did someone say chocolate and matthew?  LOL :-*
Four more classes, then I'll have my MBA (will still have five classes to go for the CPA) but will have some time to do some dipping if only I can find matthew  LOL

OMG16

« Reply #2260 on: February 27, 2008, 09:57:45 pm »
Have you tried a good dessert wine they are often sweeter.  You don't need to spend much as some of the cheaper ones are very good.

5 more classes that is awesome.  You should be so proud and doing all of this while dealing with an AN.  You are an inspiration to all of us.  Way to go!!!!  16
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 11:59:49 pm by OMG16 »

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2261 on: February 27, 2008, 10:05:09 pm »
Four more classes, then I'll have my MBA (will still have five classes to go for the CPA)

Congratulations, Michelle.  Lots of hard work involved in achieving that goal.  I don't know how you do it.

I've been saying for many years now that I'd like to get my MBA, and I'm still just saying it; can't seem to find the motivation to put my words into actions.

Good for you  :)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Lorenzo

« Reply #2262 on: February 28, 2008, 12:57:07 am »
We'll all celebrate the way we feel we can and is most appropriate. For me, celebrating the day my life changed and the friends i made from that moment, and celebrating the ones that departed on the way, is all part of it. For me that diagnosis day was the day I found out I wasn't imaging this for the previous five years and it came as a relief. Oh yes, sure, it's wasn't the news I was hoping for. But, here I am, made it through the ups and many downs, the black and darkness, but also the bright side. :) So I'll pop a bottle of Prosecco or two in celebration of my life and all that has been positive for me, including finding out my life was going to change on that day, 13 June 2004!
:)
Salute, Lorenzo
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 01:42:24 am by Lorenzo »
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2263 on: February 28, 2008, 06:07:54 am »
Patti,
I drank the whole bottle and started on the next!
Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Kaybo

« Reply #2264 on: February 28, 2008, 08:01:51 am »
Good Morning All!

I used to always note the day of my surgery...then for a couple of years it passed and I didn't think about it until after it was over.  When I hit the 10 year mark -- I gave myself a party (lunch) with my close friends -- I felt I had deserved it & I was celebrating the life I had and theat they were in it!  They actually surprised me the Friday before at another lunch & all brought me presents!!  It was nice to know that they realized it as a big milestone for me and I felt like they valued me in their lives too!!

The obvious would be tight-dyed tights...
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!