Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775196 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #735 on: May 23, 2006, 06:23:44 pm »
OK Guys-----
Taylor or Katherine?

I'm for Taylor, cuz he's just so darn FUNKY!  Also, he and I have the same hairdo--color, cut, everything!

I'm so JONESIN' for a piece of Dark Belgian Chocolate!!!!

Captain Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #736 on: May 23, 2006, 08:56:48 pm »
Where the heck is our Pearly Girly?  Is this thread too big for her?  Is she just TOO intimidated by 50 pages? Don't she LUUUUURRRRRVE us no more!! Has she jumped ship?????

PHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHERE AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOO-HOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'(
Captain Deb :'(

Battyp

« Reply #737 on: May 23, 2006, 09:21:02 pm »
Taylor!  Katherine should have been gone weeks ago!

Phyl's been pretty quiet lately...

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #738 on: May 23, 2006, 10:04:27 pm »
In the abscence of the Cruise Director, who is probably needing an anti headache jumbie chant from the good Captain poet parrot, the good ship PBW is off again, this time down the east coast of the land down under and approaches the shores of melbourne town. The entrance through Port Phillip bay was tottaly uneventful. The ship takes anchor or drops anchor me thinks, and the crew row ashore. Meanwhile, there are reports of a dinghy circling the atlantic ocean speeding through the waves without a pilot.
The hitchhikers guide to sailing suggests that an un captained dinghy is like dangling a piece of belgium chocolate in front of a pirate wench, just outa reach - whoa, what torture.

Melbourne is famous for 2 things.

1. Its sport, and more importantly Australian Rules Football. The main ground is called the MCG and it seats just under 100,000 people. A great spectacle, exciting, fast, guys with six packs and tight shorts (thought I'd throw that in for the wenches).
2. Can't remember, but it will come to me!

Its a family orientated city, with affordable housing, lotsa work, very flat and has a magnificent country side. A place well worth visiting.

Oh yeah, the second item is the weather. Many days can have 4 seasons in one day. particularly in the summer when it can climb to 40 degrees celcius and withing 10 minutes, be 20 degrees.

There are lots of continental food choices and the public transport system works. Come visit, you'll probably end up staying!

Just when we were all getting comfortable, Captain Deb lets loose with a massive and almighty sqwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrk.
Whats wrong asks a very concerned batty wench.

Stay tuned when we discover why the parrot squarked - Did the batteries run out? is the ship sinking, has someone mysteriously boarded the ship?
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #739 on: May 24, 2006, 04:44:26 am »
Oh, I'm here, I'm here but deathly afraid of this thread, not knowing where the "author" of our story will have me or what he'll have me doing....... geeze!!!!!!!

BTW, Taylor! I got 2 votes in last night on the phone!  Agree with Batty, Kat should have been gone weeks ago and it should have been Chris and Taylor as the final 2!
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #740 on: May 24, 2006, 08:23:09 am »
Six Packs and tight shorts!
Six packs and tight shorts!
Yaaaaayyyy Team!!!
Rah!  Rah ! RAAAAAAAH!

Capt Deb
Head Cheerleader

PS Hey Pearly--didja know we named the ship's tender (da dinghy) after ye?  About page 47 I think!!!

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #741 on: May 24, 2006, 07:36:26 pm »
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

One of the LOST survivors just referred to the "others" at the other side of the island as "hillbillies!"

Yikes!

Capt Deb

matti

« Reply #742 on: May 24, 2006, 07:49:21 pm »
I hope Taylor wins, you just can't take your eyes off of him while he performs, even if he screws up the song, it doesn't matter, he is a fun to watch.  Dang! you all get to see it before I do >:(
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #743 on: May 24, 2006, 08:48:32 pm »
In the abscence of the Cruise Director, who is probably needing an anti headache jumbie chant from the good Captain poet parrot, the good ship PBW is off again, this time down the east coast of the land down under and approaches the shores of melbourne town. The entrance through Port Phillip bay was tottaly uneventful. The ship takes anchor or drops anchor me thinks, and the crew row ashore. Meanwhile, there are reports of a dinghy circling the atlantic ocean speeding through the waves without a pilot.
The hitchhikers guide to sailing suggests that an un captained dinghy is like dangling a piece of belgium chocolate in front of a pirate wench, just outa reach - whoa, what torture.

1. Its sport, and more importantly Australian Rules Football. The main ground is called the MCG and it seats just under 100,000 people. A great spectacle, exciting, fast, guys with six packs and tight shorts (thought I'd throw that in for the wenches).
2. Can't remember, but it will come to me!

Its a family orientated city, with affordable housing, lotsa work, very flat and has a magnificent country side. A place well worth visiting.

Oh yeah, the second item is the weather. Many days can have 4 seasons in one day. particularly in the summer when it can climb to 40 degrees celcius and withing 10 minutes, be 20 degrees.

There are lots of continental food choices and the public transport system works. Come visit, you'll probably end up staying!

Just for fun, sometimes I look at Real Estate around the world. For some reason, last night I was visiting Melbourne!  I was looking at some condo type things, overlooking some harbor, and it was quite the spaceage building. I think about $400,000 plus change would have gotten me one!  I also visited Provance, and American Virgin Islands.  Now THAT is where the Capt Deb and the crew ought to go...wow, that estate I saw there was awesome. But that was more like $4 mil plus change!!  Can we go, Capt Deb? Huh? Huh/ Pleeeeeeeeaze!! ;D
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #744 on: May 24, 2006, 09:33:12 pm »
Three full hours of Sawyer tonight, I should sleep and dream well tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #745 on: May 25, 2006, 07:20:25 am »
Gennysmom,

You wicked wench, those evil thoughts - I dunno, whats we gunnu do with these wenches. I think its time ta get tough and get em all swabbing the deck, or is that scrubbing mmm, getting late and time for bedoire.

Now Sue - no condos here missie, they are called units or apartments if yer been watchin too many American movies! It was probably a suburb called Port melbourne and the harbour is Port Phillip Bay. Port melbourne was a run down dumpy suburb 20 years ago - some yuppie decided it was cool to live there and all of a sudden its a thriving young and modern suburb and ya pay to be there. 20 years ago, a modest 3 bedroom home on a good siz block of land would go for around $40-50,000. Now its 10 -20 times that.

laz
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #746 on: May 25, 2006, 07:30:56 am »
[

Just for fun, sometimes I look at Real Estate around the world. For some reason, last night I was visiting Melbourne!  I was looking at some condo type things, overlooking some harbor, and it was quite the spaceage building. I think about $400,000 plus change would have gotten me one!  I also visited Provance, and American Virgin Islands.  Now THAT is where the Capt Deb and the crew ought to go...wow, that estate I saw there was awesome. But that was more like $4 mil plus change!!  Can we go, Capt Deb? Huh? Huh/ Pleeeeeeeeaze!! ;D

My Dad moved to the Virgin Islands in 1967 and I lived there from 1970 till Hugo drove me out in 1990!  We had been vacationing there since the mid 60"s. I was dragging Dr. Love down there yearly til my AN showed up.
Capt Deb 8)

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #747 on: May 25, 2006, 10:39:54 am »
  I knew there had to be a reason why we like chocolate.  Scientists are sayin' it makes ya' smarter.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/05/24/chocolate.brain.reut/index.html
Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #748 on: May 25, 2006, 04:39:58 pm »
woo hoo

The good ship PBW might have to revisit the choccie sea - now where was that?

But first, we go to Adelaide - soon

hey, just to prove my point on sport being the number one priority in Melbourne. Last night, The Australian soccer team (soccer is rated 4th behind Aussie Rules, Rugby and rugby league, as a sport in this country) in a friendly game against Greece, just over 95,00 people attended the game. Not a bad crowd for a Thursday night. Melbournians turn out in droves for sport.

Laz
Chronologer of the PBW

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #749 on: May 25, 2006, 06:59:41 pm »
When I was but a mere lass I saw the movie On The Beach.  I was fascinated with Australia ever since then and would love to visit there and also New Zealand. It's fun to visit places via the real estate sites on the Internet...Yeah, I know, I need a life...but sometimes I take a little trip around the world.  That place in the Islands was beautiful....an exquisite view of the perfect island cove with all the boats sprinkled across, the town, the mountains.  Wow...the sterotypical Caribbean setting.  But, I'd still go to anyplace in Australia, if given a chance.  And yes, wasn't Lost fun?  Now that was Libby, right? who gave Desmond her husband's boat?  Hmmmmm.   Did John survive whatever happened?  I hope so.  He actually reminds me of my dad, especially when he was on the crutches, because my dad lost a leg as a boy to Polio and used crutches all of his life. 

I'm going to tell you guys something else, that involves New Zealand and my aunt's favorite author. It takes a bit of telling, but stay with me, as this is a GREAT STORY. Do you folks know who Anne Perry is?  She is a best selling author who has written many, many books - most especially about the Victorian era..She writes murder mysteries. She has a series of books with Charlotte and Thomas Pitt as her main characters, and another series with William Monk as her main character.  My aunt got me to reading her books. She does a great job with her mysteries and really telling you also, what it was like to live in Victorian London. If you enjoy mysteries you might enjoy these books.  Anne Perry enjoys setting the stage in strict Victorian surroundings, and then pulling back the curtain to reveal the dark secrets that these people are keeping.  It can be a bit slow going, but her richness of characters and setting more than make up for action packed story line.  ANYWAY, stay with me here.  We saw Anne Perry at a book fair and she signed my aunts book that she bought there and auntie wanted me to find out where she lived in Scotland and blah, blah. So I did some digging around on the Internet and found out she (Anne Perry) is more interesting than my aunt and I thought!!  So, have you guys ever seen the movie "Heavenly Creatures"? It was made in the early '90's and was Kate Winslet's first movie.  It takes place in NEW ZEALAND. Hang in there, I'm getting to the end of the story!!!  This movie is based on a real life story of two teenage girls who murder one of the girls' mother. Kate Winslet played Juliet Hulme, who, after serving 5 years moved back to her native England and later became a best selling author - Anne Perry.(It doesn't say that in the movie, it ends with the murder, but her mother's lover, who she later married, had the last name of  Perry.)  Yes, she helped to beat her friends mother to death.  Isn't that INTERESTING?  I thought so.  I'd never heard of the movie, so I bought it and my aunt and I watched it.  I gave it to her to add to her collection of Anne Perry!!  You can go to this site to visit the real and the movie story of Juliet Hulme and Pauline Parker, if you so desire.

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Studio/2194/

Thanks to those who read it all the way to the end. I love to tell this story.   :)
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode