Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775115 times)

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #3300 on: January 06, 2010, 01:50:20 pm »
All those people squished together to welcome in the New Year always looks festive and a bit fun.  But, now....I am happy to watch it on TV.  My first thought is...oh my, what do you do if you have to go to the bathroom?!

Sue in Vancouver, USA

PS
Tim Tams are at World Market, too.
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3301 on: January 06, 2010, 04:50:09 pm »
All those people squished together to welcome in the New Year always looks festive and a bit fun.  But, now....I am happy to watch it on TV.  My first thought is...oh my, what do you do if you have to go to the bathroom?!

Sue ~

My sister lived in Manhattan for many years.  One year, she decided to go to Times Square for the traditional New Year's Eve shindig.  She told me that it was a mob scene, freezing cold and tough luck if you need a bathroom!  It also took her hours to get home (to Greenwich Village, where she lived at the time) because the thousands of people in Times Square all converged on the subway platforms and she had to wait to finally catch a subway car, which stopped at every station.  She never did that again.  I long ago decided to watch it on TV. Safer, warmer and definitely more comfortable.  Some experiences are best enjoyed vicariously. :)

Jim
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 02:28:49 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #3302 on: January 07, 2010, 04:44:30 pm »
boy, got THAT right!!  Best seat in the house is in my living room!

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #3303 on: January 12, 2010, 08:19:04 am »
Well beam me up, Scottie!  Jim Scott posting on the GM thread! Now he needs a job on the PBW.  How about Official Beamer-upper!!

Speaking of beaming up, I think we oughts ter wrangle up the Starship Enterprise auxilliary engine that Laz stole and hook 'er up again.  I wanna go to Pandora!!!  I wanna be a big blue warrior-girl and ride a flying dragon or one o' them cool horsies!  I wanna meet this guy!

Anchors aweigh!!

Capt Deb

"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

cyrmom2

« Reply #3304 on: January 12, 2010, 08:49:13 am »
My kids are going to LOVE this picture.

Thanks Deb,
Cyndi
diagnosed 7-27-09 4 cm CPA
12 hr translab 8-25-09
Dr Chicooca & Dr Welling at OSU/The James
sliver of tumor remains on brain stem
left SSD & facial paralysis (was 6/6, 2-3/6 at 9 weeks, 1/6 within 4 months) 6 month MRI on 3-17-10.

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #3305 on: January 12, 2010, 09:29:00 am »
I'm glad your kids will enjoy seeing "Obamatar."  To be bi-partisan I'll try to find "Saratar."

My wonderful grandscallywag, Duncan, who was born the night before my AN surgery, is having an Avatar party for his seventh birthday this Sunday.  Dr Love and I will be looking for a way to make costumes.

Duncan's parties always have a theme and his Captain Nanny Deb and Pop always wear something funny and cool to fit in with the theme.  He had pirate parties for his 3rd 4th and 5th, because he looooves when Nanny Deb dresses up and talks like a pirate, but his Ma thought he needed to mix it up a bit.  Today I will be making blue tails and dread locks out of yarn. Pop is out looking for blue face paint.  We haven't figured out the ears yet.   Oh where are my Dad's old elf ears he used to wear at Christmas to entertain the neighborhood kids?

Capt Deb
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 09:38:32 am by Captain Deb »

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3306 on: January 12, 2010, 09:57:28 am »
Well beam me up, Scottie!  Jim Scott posting on the GM thread!

*faints in disbelief!*  :o  :o  ;)  ;D
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3307 on: January 12, 2010, 04:05:32 pm »
The chronologer is in shock. Writers cramp has hit hard following a post from Jim. I seem to remember trying to enlist Jim as a bona fide scally about 30,000 posts ago but to no avail.

dare i say, welcome aboard Jim!

Now Capt'n Debatar, your always flying off with the fairies so climbing the ladder to a dragon could be interesting. I must say though, i enjoyed those 3d graphics. Hopefully 3d tele will be available this year although having to wear specs on specs isn't much fun.

Oh well, hopefully the pic will give Patti some cheer as she embarks on a second round of surgery.

Laz

p.s  -  stay tuned
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3308 on: January 12, 2010, 11:00:15 pm »
You know, I thought that was Jim Scott's first post on the Good Morning thread  8)

Captain, the b-day party sounds like a wonderful idea - and the costumes for you and Dr. Love sound even more wonderful.  I'll bet all children wish they had grandparents like you  ;D

Do us a favor and post some party pics of you guys.

I'd comment on the Obamatar picture, but I might get kicked off the Forum.  I'm not a fan  :-X

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #3309 on: January 13, 2010, 06:47:21 pm »
Jan,

Of Obama or Avatar?   :o

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #3310 on: January 13, 2010, 08:19:48 pm »
Well, I dug my old award-winning Sheena Queen of the Jungle costume out of the closet and my chicken bone necklace and matching earrings will work quite well for the Nanny Debatar get-up.  Right now I am trying to figure out how to paint my eyeballs yellow. Am also working on a macrame loincloth.  Hee hee hee hee!!!!!!  What the heck else have I got to do with my life!!!!!!

Capt Deb

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3311 on: January 13, 2010, 08:21:06 pm »
Jan,

Of Obama or Avatar?   :o

Brian

The former.  

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #3312 on: January 16, 2010, 08:12:37 pm »
Well the Na'vi get-ups are finished and ready for Duncan's 7th tomorrow.  I am so lucky to be married to a man who will spend 2 days making blue ears and tails and never complain.  Now all I need is some of that blue body paint that the Cameron Crazies wear at the Duke basketball games.  I have made a bunch of really cool leather, bead, bone and feather jewelry. And braided, beaded and sprayed black  the fall hair piece that I used to wear in high school.  I guess I'll have to post some pictures of "Popatar and Na'vi Deb."

I get my Botox for headaches on Tuesday.  I'll be posting about it in the headache section for my fellow headachers.

Cheers!

Capt Deb

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3313 on: February 01, 2010, 09:31:15 pm »
Bump up coz we set sail soon

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3314 on: February 01, 2010, 11:57:50 pm »
Where are we off to?

And did you restock the rum??  :D