Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775189 times)

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #3180 on: May 26, 2009, 07:49:06 pm »
Thx Donnalynn,

Been having a rough trot since my radiation treatment. Headaches have been pretty bad and get very tired at the end of the day coz of all the neurontin I'm taking to offset the headaches.

Anyway, I'll have to try and get the crew back on deck to go fetch our Captain who's laid up in sick bay.

Captain, ye be better off with our drunken doctor on board the goods ship PBW than in a modern hospital. We gots all da cure stuff like leeches and natural remedies.

Get beeter soon Deb.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3181 on: May 27, 2009, 10:45:05 am »
geesh! About dang time this thread resurfaced! Oh, ye, Laz! I'm sorry the brain booger treatment is getting to ya wif the brain wrecks, but ya knows that the neurontin may help.  It's been pretty recent since you had the booger zapped, so hang in there and will send along a salty wench..... oh, that's right... you got a spouse.. ok, nix that idea! :D

Captn.... sick bay looks like its gettin' crowed, wif you and scurvy Laz and a few H1N1 peeps in there... so, we need you all to get well! We've been in port for farrrrrrrrrrrrrr too long and time to set sail!

Me thinks we need to set a course to a windy city... chicago?  We could chart a course on the St. Lawrence River (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Lawrence_River) to get to a big meetin' wif lots of peeps like us is to happen in Aug... we got time to sail there to have a gatherin' of the pirates! 

Whatta think all?  Time for the PBW to draw the anchor... hoist the colors and set a new course......

Signed,

Cursed, cruise... oh, heck, I'll answer to anything nowadays... :D

Phyl
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 10:53:54 am by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #3182 on: May 27, 2009, 12:31:39 pm »
Wishing everyone in the sick bay to get better real soon.  I miss our beloved Captain and I miss Laz's wonderful stories of great adventure on the high seas. 

Laz, how much neurontin are you taking these days?  I take 1200 mgs a day....but it is still a battle.  The headache monster just loves me a little too much these days  :'(

Sending many hugs and kisses to all  :-* :-* :-*

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3183 on: May 27, 2009, 04:59:46 pm »
pt, ptt, put, put  - mmm no steam in these fingers yet and the brain aint functioning too well. Currently got intermittant pain going through both ears too - hopefully that stops soon. - Might have mad cows!!!!

Anne Marie, I've increased my dose of Neurontin progressively from 900mg to 1500mg. I find the 1500 helps but I really need to take more. Unfortunately, taking more zaps me too much and i can't really function.

Ye "young", cursed cruise director, ye made me smile which is always good. I'll just have to think positive and get my chronologers hat on.

laz

Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #3184 on: May 27, 2009, 07:19:49 pm »
Laz, when the ears stop a'zappin and you feel like tappin', I await our next voyage! :)

xoxoxoxoxo
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3185 on: May 28, 2009, 07:09:46 am »
Laz -

sorry you're having a tough time of it.  Hope things get better very soon.  We need some new adventures  ;D and you definitely need some relief from this!

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #3186 on: June 03, 2009, 05:31:25 pm »
Awwwww, Laz.  Don't know why the Fates picked on you. 

Thinking of you in Vancouver, USA

Sue
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #3187 on: June 05, 2009, 06:13:09 am »
Laz,

terrific chicken soup with maztoh balls to help what ails ya! Feel better.....

*begins to round up the crew of the PBW to hoist the anchor*

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3188 on: June 09, 2009, 08:49:26 pm »
Captain Deb slowly climbs the rope leading up to the PBW and to her surprise, sees the crew all lined up, standing at attention, waiting for the order. The captain, walks past the crew examining all of them, spending 10 minutes, looking mathew up and down, straightening his hat, unbuttoning his shirt buttons, undoing....   oops, this is a family thread.

The hitchhikers guide to pirating defines a Captain of a sea faring vessel, that handles a crew member of the opposite sex to be lucky to be a Captain.

Right you motley lot, I'm outa sick bay and rarin' to go. Come wiv me Dr Luuurvve, we gots some catchin up to be done.

1 hour,, 2 hours, 3 hours pass by and then the Captain surfaces, crew still at attention but flagging a bit.

Right you motley looking sea rats, hoist the anchor, raise the mainsells, red alert, it's battlestations. Our mission crew, ah, on second thoughts, better not tell ya, coz you'll run away,

lets get this rust bucket underway.

So the PBW finally set sail but why has the captain ordered a red alert after leaving sea dock?
Will the Captain reveal her hidden secret?
Will the whirly, girly, dinghy, thingy, turn up?
Will Sue write another poem?

Stay tuned

laz
Chronologer of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #3189 on: June 10, 2009, 05:56:03 am »
Will the whirly, girly, dinghy, thingy, turn up?

YAY!!!!!!!!! We're underway again and I can't wait! I got the 1-peg-legged sack races all set to go, battle of the anchor weight lifting competitors lined up and the wenches all set for the balance-plank-beam walk off!

btw, who DID steal my dinghy-thingy?  Scurvy twit that stole my dinghy!  I say 1 yr in the brig for them!  :o  :o

Signed,
Cursed what's-her-face! :D

(glad you feeling betta', Laz.... musta been my matzah balls! :D )

yardtick

« Reply #3190 on: June 10, 2009, 06:24:11 pm »
Captain Deb and Laz are back ;D ;D ;D 

YES

Doing the happy dance.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #3191 on: June 12, 2009, 05:12:31 pm »
As I recall, I floated away in your thingy-dinghy to head to shore for my surgery.. But, that was over a year ago, and I'm not sure I brought it back.  :(  I'm gonna have to go look for it..  Are you SURE you still want me in the brig for a year?  *sniff*sniff*puppy dog face*sniff*sniff*

Regards,

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3192 on: June 12, 2009, 05:57:43 pm »
Pooter -

long time, no see.  You've been incommunicato.  What's going on??

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #3193 on: June 12, 2009, 07:51:45 pm »
I've been lurking here and there but have been super busy trying to help get this rust bucket of a start-up company profitable. You all are still in my thoughts often. Some of ya I keep tabs on via Facebook (you know who you are).

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

yardtick

« Reply #3194 on: June 12, 2009, 08:21:02 pm »
 ;)
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!!