Author Topic: Bad Day  (Read 7554 times)

CROOKEDSMILE

Re: Bad Day
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 07:36:51 pm »
Vonda,
You make me smile.
Angie
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 07:42:34 pm by CROOKEDSMILE »

wcrimi

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 02:04:29 pm »
It sounds to me like you are loved. To be quite honest, that's all that really matters. WE all get caught up in this external stuff, but it's much lower on the list. I think you should count your blessings to have such a wonderful family.   
1 cm, 6mm, 4mm on Left side. Surgery performed 11/6/2008 by Dr. Kalmon Post and Eric Smouha at Mt. Sinai Hospital in NYC.
Normal hearing before, 85%-90% now, dizziness when walking or turning head, annoying hissing and high pitched tinnitus on and off, eyes have trouble adjusting to rapid head move

Lainie181818

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 02:42:32 am »
Hi Vonda, just a couple of tips that might help. Keep a journal and note good days and bad, my face changes with stress, tiredness etc. When I have a good day I play with my cell phone and take pictures. I also practice different ways of smiling to improve the look.
My facial therapist has me doing lots of exercises, one that really loosens up my mouth is blowing through your lips like a horse. Not advisable in public unless you are near Hay. Anyway whatever it takes never give up, and its ok to cry in the loo.
Lainie.

Migoi

• Loving life as a hill dweller.
    • Migoi's Mumblings
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 06:30:54 am »
This is possibly a bit late, but I've never been real connected to that whole time/space continuum thing anyway.

All things in moderation, including moderation itself...it's okay to be out on the edge occasionally. Adults are allowed to throw tanturms, as long as you don't make it a lifestyle choice. No reason to feel bad about it. I worked in retail security for four years, you would not believe some of the minor things adults will throw a fist pounding, scream in your face tantrum about. Being upset and frustrated in the long grind of AN recovery... the fact that more of us aren't in a continual snit of frustration and anger is what amazes me. People with AN's truly are rare individuals, even beyond the medical statistics.

Having never been very photogenic I've adopted a paraphrase of a Mark Twain saying... "There are lies, damn lies, and photographs." If I hid everytime I saw a photograph that I thought made me look terrible I'd be so reclusive that it would make Howard Hughes look like Paris Hilton. I used to avoid the lens side of camera, then I realized that if one of my friends or family was trying to take my picture it's because I have value to them. That's a pretty wonderful thing and my need to honor that value turned out to be stronger than my ego. I made the decision to just think of myself as refrigerator art... you know what I'm talking about, those things you hang on your refrigerator that would never be judged acceptable by any objective social measure of art but are valuable beyond compare because of where they came from...your first graders heart.

The primitive mythology got it exacly wrong...the problem with photographs isn't that they capture your soul...it's that they don't and can't.

..take care.. tim b
Arkansas Support Group Leader
The wild places are where we began. When they are gone, so are we. - D.B.
AN's only affect the smartest, most interesting people in a population.
On a hill in Onda, AR
http://www.facebook.com/migoi

arkansasfarmgirl

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 11:00:35 am »

The primitive mythology got it exacly wrong...the problem with photographs isn't that they capture your soul...it's that they don't and can't.

..take care.. tim b

Tim, you're a pretty smart dude...for a Hillbilly.  ;)  My hubby has a friend that reminds me a lot of you--very philosophical and intelligent, but looks like a caricature of a mountain man.  teehee  Clint is one of my favorite people...

Vonda

lori67

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 06:31:25 pm »
Tim,

VERY well put.  I think all that clean mountain air must help you think clearly!!

Vonda, I think those little ones of yours could make anyone smile - some of us just show it a little differently than the rest of the world!   ;)

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Migoi

• Loving life as a hill dweller.
    • Migoi's Mumblings
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 06:31:50 pm »
Thank you very much for the kind words. I only play a hill dweller during the day, at night I'm a suave, debonaire, power-tie schmoozing machine. Once you get to know me you'll get over using that 's' word. Somewhere on my facebook page is a note describing my adventure of standing in the living room of our log (as in wood) home with a burning chunk of firewood in my hands and being unable to formulate a plan as how to solve that problem. People who have read that account rarely use the word smart when referring to me, unless it precedes an alternative name for donkey.

Thanks again for the kind words...

..take care.. tim b
Arkansas Support Group Leader
The wild places are where we began. When they are gone, so are we. - D.B.
AN's only affect the smartest, most interesting people in a population.
On a hill in Onda, AR
http://www.facebook.com/migoi