Author Topic: C section scheduled and eviction notice to tumor posted!  (Read 4290 times)

ksiwek

C section scheduled and eviction notice to tumor posted!
« on: April 05, 2010, 01:45:22 pm »
Hi everyone!

I am in better spirits now that my game plan is in place!  It could also  be that spring has finally hit the midwest!  Pending that all of my symptoms stay the same, I am scheduled for my c-section on June 10th.  We are so excited to meet our little man!

I will be given a month to heal from c-section  and to bond with baby (baby will be delivered 2 weeks early....38 wks) and then surgery.  I am scheduled for surgery on July 14th with Drs Friedman/Schwartz at House in LA.  I have decided that my tumor will decide to shrink a bit on its own and not grow any larger from now until then   :P 

The countdown is on until this tumor no longer has its comfy home!  I will keep you all posted as the time draws near.  Please keep me in your thoughts/prayers for everything to stay stable and keep me on course!

Now back to living!

Kris
Translab 6/4/10 for 4+ cm left AN.  Drs Friedman and Schwartz at HEI saved my life!
BAHA surgery on 10/7/10 with Dr Battista of Chicago Ear Institute (Oticon Ponto Pro)

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: C section scheduled and eviction notice to tumor posted!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 02:12:47 pm »
Kris .....

So glad you have your game plan all in place.  That has to be a major relief from the "hanging out there in the unknown land" feeling.

I will certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers especially during the next several months.  Hope you post some pictures of that precious little guy after he arrives.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

lori67

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 02:21:23 pm »
Kris,

Good for you!  Always nice when you have a plan in place.

I love your idea to have your AN shrink.  I hope it decides to listen to you!  Be assertive!   >:(

June 10th will be here before you know it.  I'm excited to see pictures of the little guy!  (We love babies around here!).

Hope you are feeling well!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 02:54:03 pm »
Kris ~

Thanks for sharing your good news regarding your 'addition' and, in July, your 'subtraction'.  Your positive attitude will benefit you in the weeks and months ahead. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 03:45:26 pm »
Oh Kris you have a lot to deal with.
A baby is sooo exciting.
You are in my prayers and thoughts... sending healing vibes your way!
Big Hug!
Michelle  ;D
Can't wait to see a picture of your sweet baby.
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

mar50

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 07:01:45 pm »
Hi Kris!  I am so glad to hear that you have a plan in place!!  I had my surgery when my little guy (born on June 26, 2006) was six weeks old.  I can't say I ever would have imagined having two surgeries so close together, but for me it worked out fine.  I was definitely feeling fine after the C-section, and was by four weeks, really, but my surgeon was out of town so we waited until 6 weeks.  I had enough time to bond, and even had some breast milk frozen for him.  My son got plenty of love and attention while I away, and am sure your little one will, too.

I just wanted to say I was happy to read that you have a plan, and hope you can spend your time planning for your little one's arrival.....enjoy the time before he arrives!!  Sending you healing wishes!

Martha

Lizard

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 08:19:59 pm »
Congrats on getting your surgery scheduled as well as the C-section, it must be a big relief to have everything laid out...it will be a whirlwind month for you, and I will be praying everything goes well. 
Take care!
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 08:56:42 pm »
Good luck, Kris.

I want to see baby pictures too!!  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 12:23:00 pm »
Congratulations, in every way!  Enjoy your next couple of months and your baby boy.  And while you're recovering from surgery, all you have to do is sleep and snuggle with your son.  Sounds like a nice way to recoup.   ;D

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 02:23:47 pm »
Kris,
Having a plan in place is half the battle.  Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest.....a new baby and two surgeries is huge.  Having had both the c-section and the brain surgery all I can say is wow.  I know you will have a beautiful baby and send the brain buggar scrambling for a new home in some pathologists lab!  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT