Author Topic: anyone with some kinds of infection after months of surgery?  (Read 1076 times)

bpham

anyone with some kinds of infection after months of surgery?
« on: April 02, 2009, 03:24:44 pm »
I got my Translab back in Oct 2007, however, in the last 2 weeks, I've developed a symptoms that similar to what I had before the surgery.  My family physician diagnosed this as ear infection and gave me antibiotics 2 days ago.  However, after two days, it does not seem to be better but slightly worsen.  I'm having worse tinitis, some pressure on the head, generally above the incision point and on the upper part of the back of the ear (left ear, the AN side).  There is a slight headache that generally generates from above the left ear toward the left eye and above the left eye.  I also seem to have a little bit of left facial stiffness.  I do not have any pain inside the ear, so that is why I rule out the ear infection and after 2 days of antibiotic, I would think that I should see some improvement if it was the case.

I've already tried to make the appointment to go back and see my surgeon, however, it can be a couple of weeks.  In the mean time, I'm trying to figure out what is going on here.  Any one with similar symptoms post surgery can give me some input as to what can cause this condition.  I'm thinking that there might be some kind of infection around the ear, may be inner ear infection or the mastoid bone infection, even though I believe that the mastoid bone was removed during the Translab procedure.

Thanks for any input.
1cm AN on the left side.  Surgery was on Oct 2007 at HEI.  Currently having issue with it, may be a CFS leak.  Not feeling too well.

bpham

Re: anyone with some kinds of infection after months of surgery?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 03:39:11 pm »
I'd like to add that taking 2 tylenols seems to help a lot with the discomfort.
1cm AN on the left side.  Surgery was on Oct 2007 at HEI.  Currently having issue with it, may be a CFS leak.  Not feeling too well.