Author Topic: Its my turn! Surgery tomorrow!  (Read 7432 times)

anissa

• My Journey
Its my turn! Surgery tomorrow!
« on: March 31, 2009, 07:20:38 am »
Well friends, tomorrow is the big day.  Today I have 4 pre-op appointments today but the very best part of my day is that I get to meet some ANAers!!!!  I know a person shouldn't be so excited about all this surgery business but I'm so ready to move on and be able to quit guessing and supposing.  I can't thank you all enough for all your well wishes and prayers. 

Anissa
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
Re: Its my turn! Surgery tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 07:30:07 am »
Hello Anissa!

Don't forget to take your virtual AN scarf with you!  It works just as well as the real thing!

I said a little prayer for you and am confident now that you will do great!

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

bambi81

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 07:43:44 am »
Good Luck!!!  We will all be thinking of you!!  Keep us posted when you feel up to it.   :)

nteeman

• Back to Mono
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 07:46:05 am »
Good luck and best wishes!  :)

Neal
Diagnosed 12/16/2008
AN 2.4 X 2.0 X 1.6 CM
surgery performed on 1/27/2009 Mt. Sinai Hospital, NYC
Dr.Bederson & Dr. Smouha
9:30am thru 5:50pm
http://www.facebook.com/neal.teeman

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 07:55:04 am »
As I said in my PM, good luck tomorrow, Anissa.  And as JB would say, "You're gonna rock it!" 
How is it that you will be meeting ANAers?
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

joebloggs

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 08:17:46 am »
She's totally going to rock it!  I can tell! 

I'm also proof it's possible to rock it without the scarf!  Besides, meeting real AN'ers rather than virtual AN'ers is like a giant hug all at once, fantabulous!  I was slightly excited by the prospect of the surgery, so fear not - the time has come to start the next chapter of recovery.

I will be thinking of you all day (it's the 1st here in Australia already so technically today is your surgery!), we'll see you posting in a week or so oui?!!
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

sgerrard

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 09:11:24 am »
Good luck, Anissa!

I am looking forward to Chris's updates, and of course the many pictures you will be posting afterwards!  ;D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

kathylittlejohncobb

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 09:24:23 am »
Prayers and best of wishes to you!  You have so many supporters with you, in so many ways, as you continue your journey.  Let us hear from you post-op,
Kathy
Retrosigmoid at House/St. Vincent's in Los Angeles 4-4-06; partial hearing saved on AN side;
Dr. Marc Schwartz & Dr. Rick Friedman, my heroes!

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 10:37:13 am »
Good luck Anissa, we'll be with you in spirit.
M
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

lori67

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 11:00:33 am »
Enjoy your day today.  I know tomorrow will go smoothly and you'll be back posting before you know it!  Or if you just can't wait to get home, Ernie has a pretty pink laptop he might be able to let you borrow!  ;)

Good luck!!!  See ya in postie-land!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 11:30:42 am »
Enjoy your day today.  I know tomorrow will go smoothly and you'll be back posting before you know it!  Or if you just can't wait to get home, Ernie has a pretty pink laptop he might be able to let you borrow!  ;)

Good luck!!!  See ya in postie-land!

Lori

Pink?  Me?  Nooo.  Can you prove it?  Oh, yeah, I guess you can :)

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

Kim Zingale

• My AN Blog
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 11:37:50 am »
Good luck, Anissa! You'll do great!
Kim
Retrosigmoid surgery Feb. 9, 2009 at Johns Hopkins with Drs. Tamargo and Carey.
http://adventureswithmanny.blogspot.com

Vivian B.

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 12:05:36 pm »
Hi There,

Good luck with your surgery. Let us know how you are doing. Keep well.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 12:21:04 pm »
Anissa ~

I know how you feel about 'just getting on with it' so you can stop playing guessing games and start to move toward recovery, leaving this experience in the past.  I felt the exact same way just over 3 years ago. 

You'll be in my prayers and my thoughts tomorrow.  I think you're going to do just fine.  :)  We'll be looking for updates and of course, as soon as you're up to it, for you, as a 'postie'. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 01:08:34 pm »
Anissa,
Back in my rock and roll days, there was a song by the Doors and one line from the song was "Break on through to the oher side!"  You are ready to do that now.  Good luck and see you on the other side!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.