Author Topic: Surgery Completed - New Postie!  (Read 4689 times)

Dusty

Re: Surgery Completed - New Postie!
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 09:20:37 am »
I am continuing to improve and took my first venture out on Sunday.  Did a little shopping with my wife using the grocery cart as a walker.  I have my first PT appointment tomorrow and am looking forward to the assistance from a professional.  I continue to have ringing in my ear but it seems to have slightly decreased since I am now sleeping without my Ambien CR.  The tinny taste in my mouth is a little annoying but it has improved in the last week or so.  My follow up with Dr. Antonnelli is scheduled for next Monday 4/13/09.   Thanks again for the encouragement.

Dusty
Diagnosed 6/2008 Right AN 8mmx11mmx12mm
Tinnitus, vertigo & pressure
MRI 1/2009 - AN 14mmx12mmx13mm
Surgery Schedule 3/16/2009 Drs. Antonelli and Lewis
Surgery Completed 3/16/2009 AN removed and accoustic nerve cut.
SSD

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 09:39:36 am »
Sounds like you're on your way to a good recovery!  I was pushing the grocery cart too, until just recently.  It really does help to have something to lean on :).

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

catlover

• 13 days post-op. I still have my smile!
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 10:01:16 am »
Hi Dusty,
Congrats to a successfull surgery and I hope you'll get a smooth recovery. I am still waiting for a date of surgery and I've been waiting for veeeery loooooong now. Since November 2008 and I'm soon starting to get annoyed about it. I'm feeling fine, but it is very stressful not knowing which will be the surgery date. I'm a teacher and it's a bit difficult to disappear all by a sudden to get surgery and not coming back for the rest of the term without having been able to plan for the pupils.

Take care and have many naps!  :)

Helene in Sweden
AN found in February, 2006, size 0,8 cm
Surgery 20th May, 2009, retrosigmoid approach
SSD and balance issues
Forever grateful to Dr Siesjo and Dr Kahlon, University Hospital of Lund, Sweden
Two AN:s found 1st March, 2016
Waiting for GK

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 11:33:38 am »
Dusty:

I, too, used the shopping cart to lean on. You'll find that PT helps a great deal--I certainly did.

Hope your progress continues.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.