Author Topic: Atlanta nuerosurgeons info.  (Read 3458 times)

acabitz

Atlanta nuerosurgeons info.
« on: March 29, 2009, 08:39:29 am »
Just wanted to chime in with so info here.  There are some entries for Dr. Mattox and Dr. Olson at Emory University. I wanted to say I consulted with them both on my 3cm AN and they were very professional and informative and I would trust either of them to perfrom tis operation.  Also, a co-worker of mine had Dr. Danko Cerenko perform his surgery 3 years ago and had nothing but GREAT things to say about him.  I've consulted with Dr. Cerenko as well at Piedmont Hospital and was very impressed.  His neurosurgeon that he teams up with is Dr. James C. Robinson fom the Atlanta Brain and Spine Center.  Haven't met him yet, so  I cannot comment an opinion.  But, I'm sure he's top notch as well. 

Hope any of this information can help someone.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Atlanta nuerosurgeons info.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 11:44:37 am »
Thanks for the info.

I've heard that Drs. Mattox & Olson at Emory are very good.  I don't know much about the others, but it's good to get some feedback.

This will be very helpful to newbies and those watching & waiting.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

eballen

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 12:41:35 pm »
Dr. James Robinson was one of my surgeons, to remove a 2cm tumor in 2005.  He and Dr. Michaelides (ENT) were wonderful.  I would highly recommend Dr. Robinson.

AROBTEK

• Annette (arobtek)
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 05:14:54 pm »
Drs. Olsen and Maddox were my surgeons at Emory.  I had a 2.8 cm AN on the left side.  Had translab surgery on Jan 24,, 2008 and started radiation 8 wks. later.  Dr. Shu was my radiation oncologist - very kind man.  I felt comfortable with all my doctors and their staff.  The surgery lasted 10 hrs., exactly what Dr. Olsen had predicted and everything went well.  If I had to go through this again (kicking and screaming this time) I would choose them again.  After care has been excellent.

Annette
2.6 cm AN L side
Diagnosed 12/10/07
Surgery date: 1/24/08
Dr. Doug Mattox & Dr. Jeff Olson
Emory University Hosp. - Atlanta