Author Topic: Update on Liz from Washington  (Read 24135 times)

Keri

Re: Update on Liz from Washington
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2009, 08:04:57 pm »
Hi Analissa,
Hope you are all hanging in there alright. Best wishes to Liz and her husband and babies, and to you who have been such a support. We will continue to hold you up in our prayers.
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

catlover

• 13 days post-op. I still have my smile!
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2009, 10:31:44 am »
Hi,
Bad news from Liz' husband about the second surgery, but, as someone said, it's better do deal with the rest of the tumour now than after the healing process. I'll be thinking of her and her family. I'm sure she'll make it!

Helene
AN found in February, 2006, size 0,8 cm
Surgery 20th May, 2009, retrosigmoid approach
SSD and balance issues
Forever grateful to Dr Siesjo and Dr Kahlon, University Hospital of Lund, Sweden
Two AN:s found 1st March, 2016
Waiting for GK

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2009, 11:25:23 am »
Two surgeries is alot to go through. I'm praying for you and your family,Liz. I know you will be ok.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

bdsgurl

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2009, 11:10:36 am »
HI EVERYONE!!!

Im so happy, finally some GREAT news from Liz's husband Eric. She is getting ready to go home! The shunt is out, her stiches are out, her eye has healed, she is on the mend and on her way now!!!! She has some facial paralysis but the nerve is still intact which is good news! She is happy to get home to her babies and start her life again i know. I was so crossing my fingers for good news when i called this morning, and im so grateful to God that he has seen her through this incredible trial and that she is recovering now. Thank you for all your prayers, i know that all your messeges will mean alot to her and her husband when she gets back on the computer and sees how much she is loved! She has been through two surgeries, a shunt and her poor eye getting scratched (ill let her tell you all that story, dont want to steal all her stories);)what a STRONG woman!! Im so proud of her!!

anissa

• My Journey
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2009, 11:52:14 am »
Amazing, awesome news.  Continued prayers for your recovery Liz!!  I'm so happy for you to be on your way. 
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2009, 11:59:32 am »
Great news!  Thank God!

Liz, you have been in our thoughts and prayers and will continue to be through out your recovery.

Scarlett and Richie
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.

cindyj

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2009, 12:27:24 pm »
Well, that is great to hear - thank goodness.  Yes, she certainly did go through a lot!

Thanks for letting us know,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Kaybo

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2009, 01:07:47 pm »
GREAT news!  Liz, you have so been on my mind & in my prayers!  Onward & upward from now on, hear??

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2009, 02:35:37 pm »
This is wonderful news!  I'm so happy for Liz.   After all she's endured, home will be especially welcoming.  I pray her recovery is swift and complete.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Keri

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2009, 03:41:57 pm »
Thank you so much for letting us know! We're glad to hear the good news.
Praying for a good recovery - I also have facial paralysis issues but with the nerve intact - 'give a holler' if you need to talk about it!

keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2009, 03:48:53 pm »
Wow. Glad you are going home! I also had back to back surgeries where they went back in on the 2nd day due to my facial nerve not responding well and they wanted to see if they could relieve more pressure. Taking the screws out and the plate off the 2nd day led to alot of swelling as you can well imagine and I'm sure that you will have one heck of a headache. Don't be afraid to medicate often during the first week or two. It is better to take before the pain actually hits so I just took it around the clock at first and the pain was well managed.
Many prayers coming your way.
Angie

catlover

• 13 days post-op. I still have my smile!
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2009, 04:42:40 pm »
Wonderful Liz! What a relief to hear that you are on your feet again  ::) Not all the time, I mean, but anyway ... I hope you can rest a lot when you get home and that you'll get a smooth recovery.

Lots of hugs from Sweden and Helene  :)
AN found in February, 2006, size 0,8 cm
Surgery 20th May, 2009, retrosigmoid approach
SSD and balance issues
Forever grateful to Dr Siesjo and Dr Kahlon, University Hospital of Lund, Sweden
Two AN:s found 1st March, 2016
Waiting for GK

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2009, 05:50:47 pm »
Ahhhhh what a big sigh of relief! Liz I can't wait until you can post. We are thinking of you, rest, heal and try to put this behind you. Many of us who have experienced facial paralysis are here to help you through this. I am sorry you had youir eye scratched. I remember when I was in the hospital and my eye was stitched and a nurse read my chart that i needed drops and she tried hard to pull my eye open and my daughter said "Be careful her eye is stitched close" I was too out of it to say anything.. accidents do happen.  Hopefully yours will heal quickly.
Hugs Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

sgerrard

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2009, 06:56:26 pm »
Oh man! I just got home from work, and this is the first topic I check. It has an update! The news is good! What a relief!

Annalisa, thanks for hanging in there and getting the news to us. Liz, I hope you are feeling better at last, and that your recovery is good from here on. Two surgeries and a shunt and an eye thing are way more than enough for two weeks. "Getting ready to go home" never sounded so good.

Take care, Liz, and come back to the forum when you can. We will welcome you back with open arms and a giant cyber hug!

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

moe

« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2009, 11:19:04 pm »
Liz,
Yea some good news! This also the first post I check. We were so worried.
So relieved to hear you are on your way home. Lots of recuperating and healing to do, but I bet you were just about ready to bust out of Madigan!
Hope to hear from you when YOU feel like it. No rush, just glad to hear that things are on the mend.
Will be interesting to hear your Madigan stories. I"m sure there are many. I had my share  :o
Your AN buddy near Gig Harbor.
Hopefully we meet when things settle down.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty