Author Topic: breathing problems while sleeping  (Read 6530 times)

4cm in Pacific Northwest

Re: breathing problems while sleeping
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 03:42:22 pm »
I think the day I first was able to get my lips to actually purse around a straw...  and suck apple juice we had a big ole party here on the forum. Didn't we Nancy?

These millimeter milestones must be celebrated.

Heres to another millimeter of progress to you happening in the next few days to come too.

Cheers,

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Jackie

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 05:52:06 pm »
epodjn,

So sorry you are having these problems. Have you ever been checked for "sleep apnea"??? Just a thought especially with your description. You might mention it to your doctor if things don't improve?? Good-luck
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

epodjn

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 10:44:22 am »
No I've ever thought of sleep apnea since I didn't have any problems breathing at night before surgery but I will say something (again) to the doctor.  Thanks to everyone for your joy and enthusiasm over my tiny bits of progress. As you know even though they are tiny they are BIG to us. But no one really understands that outside of this dear group of friends. I'm so glad I found this group!
Left side 3.2cm AN/FN removed 12/8/08 Dr's. Shelton and Reichman. SSD, facial paralysis,taste issues, lateral tarrsoraphy 6/25/09,scheduled for eye and nasal valve surgery 6/22/11 life is GOOD!