Author Topic: post-surgery pictures?  (Read 9762 times)

lori67

Re: post-surgery pictures?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 09:14:48 am »
My translab scar was not quite all the way behind my ear, but pretty close.  I had staples instead of stitches.  I guess it just depends on the doctor which one you get.  I do have an issue with the dissolvable stitches though - they don't dissolve and I wind up having to pull them out myself as my scar heals and starts to push them out.

And since I don't like Kay to be the only totally odd one around here all the time, my AN ear doesn't stick out more, it's actually closer to my head.  Makes it a bit of a challenge to get my sunglasses on with one hand.

Very impressive scars everyone!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Kaybo

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 09:19:38 am »
I was going to write that - it took me a year to figure out that they sewed my ear back on a little higher than the other (I know...blonde - a whole year)!!  My eyeglasses always seemed to fit fine - it was just the sunnies that I bought at the store that wouldn't fit right.  Hmmm...that would be because the prescription ones were "fiited" to me!! ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

cindyj

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 10:45:47 am »
Hey, Anisa!  My translab looked similar to Ernie's and Rick's (somewhere in the middle of the two).  MORE importantly, however, know that they heal up VERY quickly and they don't look like the pics for very long at all.  In fact, my husband said I was not going to get near enough sympathy since it healed up so quickly.  Fortunately, I did take some pics to whip out to show to anyone that I needed to get sympathy from.

Cindy

P.S.  The head scar actually looks better than the belly scar :D
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

anissa

• My Journey
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 11:06:57 am »
Thanks you guys!!  Impressive, for sure!  I'll remember to really lay it on thick about the scar and take lots of pictures, ha ha.  I've had 3 c-sections so I know about scarring in the muscle (and fat), I didn't consider that my head would heal differently but that makes sense.  I'm not too worried about the hair-do, I'm a country girl and love to wear hats and scarves and summer time is perfect for that.  The more pictures I see the less shocked I am.  Keep 'em coming!

Rick, your picture was the first postie picture I saw, I registered here shortly after after you posted them.  I'm ok now though ;)  Just kidding.  The incisions are a lot bigger than I imagined they would be but hey, whatever gets the job done, thats the important part.
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"