Author Topic: new AN, surgery in 3 weeks  (Read 11517 times)

MissMolly

Re: new AN, surgery in 3 weeks
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2009, 07:38:03 pm »
Hi and Welcome,

I agree with Jim and Angie as well.  During my visit with the neuro-otologist, he discussed monitoring facial paralysis during surgery with sensors.  He works with the neurologist during surgery to help keep the facial nerve in tact and as functional as possible.  You may want to ask your neurologist how facial monitoring is done during surgery. 

Molly
Diagnosed 3/09 1.1cm tumor - 4/17/09 - had grown to 1.2
Age 61 - married with three adult kids
MidFossa surgery completed June 22nd
Mass General/Mass Eye and Ear - Martuza and McKenna
The tumor has grown back.  Now working with Mass General.  Dr. Loeffler feels I am not a candidate for proton beam.

joeelmo79

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2009, 12:06:07 pm »
well I guess I have 7 days and counting.  Sorry I have been away this last week with out any posts,  I had to get things in order before surgery.  I hate waiting until the last minute.  I am still not worried about outcomes, what will happen will happen.  I have been spending time with family,  took my little girl to play golf with me for the 1st time this weekend.  I know I will be sidelined from that for a few weeks but it will be ok, my game's not that great anyway.  like I said before thanks for all the info, well wishing and prayers.  I will try to keep everybody up to date after my surgery, I know I will not be home until at least wednesday or thursday,  but you never know. oh yea and one other thing I have figured out is that a pollen allergy this time of year with a eye you can't control makes it look like you are crying all the time.  That is my complaint of the week lol  8) oh excuse me I have to use the crooked one lol  :-\   

Joe
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 12:11:29 pm by joeelmo79 »

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2009, 12:12:54 pm »
Hang in there Joe!  We've had lots of great outcomes lately, and will be looking forward to adding yours to the list!  You are spending your time in the very best way possible, with your family.  Keep us updated as you have the time.

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

joeelmo79

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2009, 07:14:55 am »
Ernie,  thanks for the Encouragement.   I have been reading your posts and sounds like you had an awesome recovery so far.  congrats,  and I hope to do half as well as you. 

Joe

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2009, 01:00:11 pm »
I am still not worried about outcomes, what will happen will happen. 

Joe -

IMO that's just the attitude you want to have going into AN surgery. 

There's really nothing you can do but cope with whatever you encounter.  It's the path I took and it worked well for me.

No use stressing about "what if's".

Good luck; you'll be fine :)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

cindyj

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2009, 12:49:46 pm »
I'm w/ Jan, Joe...your positive attitude will be your best medicine. 

Take care - we'll certainly be cheering you on!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings