That pre-op package that Millie said was in her hand and was on the way to mail to me on Tuesday never came. I called her again Friday, and was informed that my pre-op tests have been postponed until 3/16/09. I lost it, and read her the riot act! She was all apologies, and said sheÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d make it up to me.
This is the 2nd time they postpone pre-op and waited for me to call them, they never called me to tell me when my surgery date was either, I had to call them, she forgot! I am the one who has been doing all the calling!
Millie finally e-mailed the instructions to me late Friday afternoon.
ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s pretty basic:
1. 7:00 a.m., report to the Pre-Admission Testing Area in the Jackson Bldg. for a urinalysis.
2. 9:30 a.m., MEEI for a Hearing Test.
3. then the Yawkey Bldg. for a Chest X-Ray.
4. and finally to sign the consent forms with Dr. Barker, still in the Yawkey Bldg.
5. Surgery scheduled for 3/18/09 at 6:00 a.m., Wang Bldg., no eating or drinking after midnight the day before.
IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve have had surgery once before, and they were all over me. Read this information, go give blood on this day, stop taking aspirin, load up vitamin C, etcÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ I felt they cared.
This time, no one calls, no one seems to be one top of anything, and no one seems to care!
I know I have the right surgical team, but the lack of correspondence, and their nonchalant attitude has me feeling very uneasy.
With this life altering surgery only a week and a half away IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m wondering, Is this normal