Author Topic: Almost scheduled surgery yesterday.  (Read 7241 times)

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
Re: Almost scheduled surgery yesterday.
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 12:13:44 pm »
Thanks for sharing!  Others can use your thoughts and methodology in their own quest for answers to the treatment / doctor question.  As has been said before many time, treatment choice is very personal and none of us would presume to make that decision for you or anyone else.  We can only lead by example and tell you and others why we made the choice that we did.

Personally, I think that either way you go, you'd be in good hands.  As young and active as you are, then I would presume that you would make a fantastic recover no matter which way you go.

Happy hunting!

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 12:35:29 pm »
Go with your gut.  It's worked great for a lot of us.

Good luck!

Jan

don't tell Jan that I'm agreeing with her... I never put it in writing.... but, in this case.... I agr...I agre.... I agree with Jan!  :o  (yes, Jan.. there it is... in writing!)  A gut won't steer you wrong... maybe sit back for a day or so.... let it all soak in (mentally, emotionally, etc).... and go with your gut. 

I can share that once you finally decide... you will honestly feel the monkey off your back, a possible renewed energy of... "well, I am ready to rock now that I have come to my decision..."... many will attest to it... incl. myself.

You will know in your soul of souls which will work best for you.... you have time to sit back to listen to your gut.... but go with it....

Good luck!  Hang tough!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jwh

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 06:41:28 pm »
Hi,

I noticed that you met with 3 teams of doctors in NY.  Did you happen to meet with Dr. Roland & Dr. Golfinos?  They performed my surgery 4 weeks ago...

I also met with Dr. Kalmon Post.  He is a very qualified doctor! 

Just curious...........

Jen
5/01  1.3 AN removed at NYU using Retrosig. Approach
2/07  Rediagnosed with Regrowth 8 mm (wait & watch mode)
1/09  1.4 AN removed at NYU using Translab (total tumor removal)

allegro17

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 02:46:00 am »
Yup, I sure did!
Liked them a lot.  Pm'd you :)