Author Topic: Massachusetts (near Nashua) primary care physician needed  (Read 2758 times)

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
Massachusetts (near Nashua) primary care physician needed
« on: January 29, 2009, 05:08:56 am »
I'm scheduled for translab, McKenna/Barker MEEI/MGH Boston on Feb 27.  Insurance just changed from HMO New England to HMO Blue.  Before moving to NH, my doctors were in the Brookline, MA vicinity.  All of my doctors have to be in MA under the new insurance guidelines.  Thank goodness I set up AN care in Boston.  It's a 1.5 hour drive from my house to the border in Nashua.  Would anyone be able to recommend a good primary care physician, physical therapist, MRI (open for claustraphobics) center, rheumatologist, or dermatologist just across the border or as close to it as possible?
Has anyone had any success in gaining permission from Blue Cross through primary care physician for physical therapy closer to home when health care insurance requires services performed in another state?  It would be a hardship for me to find transportation every time I have to go to MA for PT.
Thank you.
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Massachusetts (near Nashua) primary care physician needed
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 06:56:32 am »
Nancy,

I have a fantastic PC in Peabody.  Too far for you. She is taking new patients... Internal Medicine is speciality.

I have my MRI's done through Shields MRI... see if they have a location up that way (Lowell?).

I'm down on Rt 128/North shore.....
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 07:30:53 am »
If he/she is that great, it may be worth the drive.  Please send the name, Phyl. 
I was going to MRI Center of NE in Woburn before I found a center up here last September, so I'm not averse to some driving if necessary.  Just trying to get it north of Boston/Brookline.
Thanks.
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 10:19:57 am »
Nancy,

Hoping you got my PM/email. Pls keep me posted.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"