Author Topic: Going for my third MRI on Wed Feb 4th in Boston  (Read 4327 times)

LisaP

Going for my third MRI on Wed Feb 4th in Boston
« on: February 01, 2009, 03:01:49 pm »
Hi All,

Please wish me luck, going for my third MRI on Wed, Feb 4th with Dr. McKenna.  Like I told Pearl, I am nervous, my symptoms have gotten worse since my last one.

I will let everyone know on the 5th how I did, hoping for no growth.  Keep me in your prayers and thoughts on that day.  I appreciate you all and this forum.

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Going for my third MRI on Wed Feb 4th in Boston
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 03:03:50 pm »
Good luck, Lisa.

I'm hoping you have no growth.

Please let us know the results.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

LisaP

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 03:07:55 pm »
thanks leapyrtwin,

For the well wishes,  and by the way, when did I become a "Jr. Member" and not a "Newbie".  I forgot to have a graduation party ::)

thanks

LisP
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 04:09:52 pm »
when did I become a "Jr. Member" and not a "Newbie"? 

When you reached 50 posts.  The 'status' designations are based on the number of posts you accumulate.  Don't take them too seriously.

I took the liberty of adding your February 4th MRI scan to the AN Treatment Calendar.  http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

I wish you a growth-free MRI scan and of course, our prayers will go with you.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Kaybo

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 09:44:24 pm »
Hey Lisa~
I will be thinking good thoughts and sending them your way!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lacey7

• Prayer means everything to me.
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 02:42:22 am »
Lisa,
I will be thinking about you and praying for you and your family.
I know that you already know we care about you and everyone else who has additional problems, along with AN problems.
I'm glad it's this week, so that you don't have to wait a real long time.
Please try to rest, and put your faith in God.  He loves you very much, and will be with you.
Good luck, and please post what the final results say.
Love,
Lacey
Diagnosed 4/15/08.
AN - 1.4 cm.  Translab surgery 6-26-08.  SPF leak 7-5-08, and went back into surgery 7 -6-08.
SSD left side, after surgery
Dr. LaRoure - Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI.

LisaP

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 06:15:18 am »
thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers,

I'll let you know on Thursdays the outcome and thank goodness the snow storm missed us.

LisaP ;D
LisaP

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 07:15:56 am »
Lisa,

I look like crap in a cheerleading outfit (unless it has the BoSox logo on it! :D ) but you KNOW I'll be cheering you on! Please keep me updated, hang in there, take a deep breath and think of apple dumplin's :)

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

elliemae

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 01:58:31 pm »
Hi, Lisa
You're coming to "town" tomorrow!  Good luck, and remember you're in great hands with Dr. M.  And I second Phyl's recommendation ... think of those dumplings ... mmmmhhh...

Elaine

wendysig

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 11:08:12 am »
Hi Lisa,

Good luck today, I hope the MRI shows no growth and I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you.  We're all pulling or you, so do let us know  what your doc has to say.

I'm not sure what the majic number is, but you changed from "Newbie" to "Junior Member" based on the number of posts you've written.  Congragulations!

Sending my best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!