Author Topic: emotional abuse at hands of a quack  (Read 29871 times)

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Re: emotional abuse at hands of a quack
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2009, 02:02:51 pm »
Update .... I am still sending him his $5 a month... he no longer comes to town once a week ... he still
has an office next county over and I guess I could drive over there to deliver pennies but it is a 30 minute
drive there and then 30 minutes back and he isn't worth that much of my time

never did get a full transcript of the visit and neither did my doctor ...it is vague and doesn't say I am making
up problems but maybe exaggerating them ... I still would like to cut a hole in his head and shove his brain
about and him have no lasting effects ...

I never had a bone flap... they drilled through and sewed muscle over the hole and then my scalp over
that ... I have a sunken spot that used to be soft but is now firm and not exactly hard but not real soft either ...

Lyrica still working and thankfully my doctor and his partner are keeping me in it through samples ... haven't had
to buy anymore ... I can't afford it ... I do have 2 one hundred dollar bills in my wallet just in case ... been tempted to
spend it a time or two but keeping headaches at bay is more important ... so they sit there and  gather dust
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2012, 09:45:14 am »
lyrica still working good and less foggy  ... so satisfied ... now on to my real reason for posting

quack sent me a bill and I said I was not going to pay it ... I was told he was in network which
would have got me a discount but not any payment on the trip since BCBS thinks I should be fine
by now ...but turns out he was not in-network... so I have a $257.00 bill that was sent to collection
almost the instant I told them I was not paying it and the reasons why ... after arbitration or what ever
they called it I was found responsible for it and ordered to pay...it is my word against his and his nurse
the only witness and she says that if anything happened it happened while she was out of the room...
I was never alone with him...she was there for the whole show  ...

I asked what the minimum monthly payment by law is and was told it was $5... so for the next 51.4 months
he will get a $5 money order from me ... I can get free MOs at my bank and don't want them to have
one of my checks on the chance they could use the info to get full balance ... my husband said just pay it
but I ain't over being totally pissed off and not ready to turn over $257 for being insulted ,abused ,harassed
and whatever else the incident can be described as ...

and no I am not stubborn ,vindictive , hold a grudge or anything like that  :)

old old topic but adding to it ... I was looking for this post because my daughter now nearly 15 wanted to read it after my mom asked what ever happened to the bad doctor ...anyway ...

wanted to add that after 20 payments of $5 they sent me a letter that they were writing off the bill and apologized for any inconvenience the payments had caused me ...I think it was them that was inconvenienced by sending me bills monthly and me waiting until last minute to get it to them by due day but not a day earlier... since then I have learned he has left office in next county ... not sure where he went ... Bhatti was his last name ... can't remember his first
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2012, 09:38:26 am »
Thanks for the update, Soundy.

Great news about the write-off  :)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways