Author Topic: emotional abuse at hands of a quack  (Read 29728 times)

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: emotional abuse at hands of a quack
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 07:50:43 pm »
Angie,

One word...... OUCH  ;D  I'll keep my 7lb 2oz babies, thank you very much!

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 02:20:31 am »
Oh Angie, I'm so sorry you lost a baby.  I had 3 miscarriages, but nothing like that.  That's hard to bear.

And Soundy, that doctor should go back where he came from, I think.  Without a license so he can't do anything like this again.

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 07:17:33 am »
I always say trust your gut instinct.
I had a similar situation (not nearly as bad) and when the doctor started asking me dumb question  I said "I am not doing this!" I was quite rude(my husband was there and looked at me like I had grown another head) and I am naturally not a rude person EVER. He pretty much stumbled on the rest of his words and we all stood up and left.
I believe in me. I am my best advocate.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2009, 01:56:18 pm »
Soundy,

I am sooooooo sad for your bad experience. He really needs to be reported, he knows less than your pcp and this is his supposed specialty??? He should not be seeing people at all. I am sure there will be others reporting him from the multiple offenses that occured with just your one visit. I don't know how some of these Docs fall through the cracks! I am so glad you are blessed with a great pcp. He sounds like mine!

I love this, mimoore! - "I believe in me. I am my best advocate." Thank you for the insight. Seems obvious, but it is so easy to lose sight of.

Take care,

Mary 8)
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 08:31:42 pm »
Got a letter that said thanks for letting us know your concerns ... there have been other complints
of him not listening and being distnat ,  but at this point my complaints would be my word against his ...
said my complaint  would be filed for future reeferance ...

not really satisfied with that ...

on better note I hope ... I got go ahead from my doctor to start lyrica... the wheezing from the atonaolol (sp)
has stopped ...hoping the lyrica helps me ...

3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 09:59:27 pm »
Seems your pcp could back you up since he wrote him that bunch of nonsense. Would he do that?

It is most important to take care of you first, I know. Just burns me up that you were treated like that.

Take care,

Mary

Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

Soundy

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 02:22:45 am »
He would back me I'm sure ... he knows my health history and genetic condition the quack said
he thought I may have imagined I had

I need to move on but feel the urge to fight ...
Translab July 2 ,2007

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 07:45:46 am »

I need to move on but feel the urge to fight ...

Follow your heart.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Soundy

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 12:56:44 pm »
that's the problem... it is pulling me in two directions...

fight the idiot .... get myself better...

I know for me and my family working on myself is what I need most but at same time hate the idea
of this man giving anyone advice ... he has good credentials to just read them ....but they don't
match the live person
Translab July 2 ,2007

Soundy

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 01:43:48 pm »
that's the problem... it is pulling me in two directions...

fight the idiot .... get myself better...

I know for me and my family working on myself is what I need most but at same time hate the idea
of this man giving anyone advice ... he has good credentials to just read them ....but they don't
match the live person

I just answered myself  :)...kinda blinded by anger... I think I should talk to my PCP about actions or steps
dealing with the other doctor but need to let it pass and deal with my current issuses...

typing things out here makes alot of things easier to see ...thanks for the prod Jan
Translab July 2 ,2007

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2009, 03:37:17 pm »
thanks for the prod Jan

You're very welcome  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2009, 05:31:10 pm »
Soundy,

Unbelievable - this guy needs to be struck off as incompetant. I have been to 4 neurosurgeons - all of which I begrudged paying a fee to but nothing like what you have had to put up with.

With your headaches, i take neurontin 5*300mg per day. At the end of the day, i am rather tired but any less than that, the headaches run riot. I tried lyrica but it did nothing for me. Topomax seems to help capt Deb so thats an option too.

I hope you find a decent neurosurgeon but I'd try the neurontin maybe 3 *300mg per day to start with. I'm not aware of any side effects other than making you a little tired.

cheers

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Soundy

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2009, 08:49:48 am »
so far Lyrica seems to just make me a bit more wonky headed ... do have less pain stemming from neck
running up right side of head so maybe this is going to work...I increase dose next Tuesday and then
again the following Tuesday and then see how things go... if there is no significant change we go on
to neurontin 3 - 300mg a day...

I saw my doctor Friday and the quack had written another report ... it was nothing we didn't know ...just
a recap of my surgery going by what I had told him ... no new observations on his part ... don't know
if he has wind of report we turned in and is trying to play nice or what but I don't care since I am not
going back to him

I feel so much better than I did when I started this post... talking to all of you and my PCP backing me up
and even though too soon to know if lyrica is going to help just happy to start trying something... and the
sun is shining and going up to around 70* ... we started the week with ice and highs of 25* ...crazy weather
here in Tennessee and my moods needed the sun to come out... probably be freezing again next week

Have a good day ...I am going to go watch my girls play basket ball on Saturday league ...

Translab July 2 ,2007

chocolatetruffle

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2009, 04:30:45 pm »
sorry you had to go through that and you are right, after what you went through, this is not worth your emotion and energy!!!  i guess that is why it is important we continue to educate and "arm" ourselves with good information - so when we had to sit down and listen to quacks like that, we can do it with a grain of salt and a grin  ;D 
chocolatetruffle

2.8 cm left AN
Translab @ House/St Vincent's 11/27/07
Drs. Brackmann, Schwartz, Wilkinson, Stefan

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2009, 11:42:44 pm »
Wow!....Any thoughts of reporting him! What a complete jerk. I think I would have lost it...I had a similar experience, not quite as bad as yours and I gave the doc both barrels of my opinion of his arrogance and his lack of medical knowledge. Told him he was a %$#&&^% quack and asked if he had bought his degree. loud enough so that those waiting outside heard it all. I'm 6'4" and at the time I was about 270 lbs...when I'm angry I look very mean....he shrunk into the corner as I stormed out...I wasn't asked about my co-pay... ;)
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org