Author Topic: INFO. RE BAHA  (Read 2129 times)

jazzfunkanne

INFO. RE BAHA
« on: January 22, 2009, 11:37:14 am »
Hi all, does anyone know what the hearing loss can be in the good ear to benifit from a baha, my ent doctor wants me to have a baha on the good side, but i would miss the hearing i have now from my cros aid, i have to get rid of the hearing aids as the moulds are beginning to infect my good ear.
thanks anne
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

Sam Rush

Re: INFO. RE BAHA
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 12:30:05 pm »
I'm confused. Why would you have a BAHA on the good side.? The whole point is to hear sounds FROM the bad side.
1 cm AN translab, Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Schwartz, Dr Doherety HEI   11/04   Baha 7/05

JerseyGirl2

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 12:40:20 pm »
I'm confused by the question as well. The BAHA implant will be on your deaf side; sounds will be transmitted from that side through your skull to your hearing side. You don't need to have perfect hearing in your good ear to benefit from the BAHA (I'm wondering if that's what you mean by your question?) -- I wear the Intenso model of the BAHA because my good ear isn't perfect. The Intenso is larger and more powerful than the Divino model, but is just as unobtrusive.

I don't think there's anything to prevent you from wearing a hearing aid in (or behind) your better ear along with the BAHA on your deaf side. Hope this helps to answer your question. If not, please ask again!

Catherine (JerseyGirl2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 04:32:39 pm »
my ent said he wouldnt touch the AN side because of the work that has been done to that side, he said they removed alot of skull bone and would need to put the baha high up , so i am going to email my consultant and see if he will put it on the deaf side. Am confused myself lol, i cant wear hearing aids any more because my ear is getting infected, i will look into the intenso they have never mention that before, they only spoke about the divio.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 04:35:09 pm by jazzfunkanne »
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06