Author Topic: Interesting article  (Read 8368 times)

Sheryl

Re: Interesting article
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 10:42:34 am »
Hi Mickey - I didn't have a problem with the normal aging hearing loss (yeah right!!) since both sides were equally as bad, but when I heard the doctor say my left ear was worse than my right, I immediately thought of tumor on that side.  One of the symptoms of AN (which I'm sure you know) is hearing worse on one side than the other.  In the mean time I've heard from many who have unequal hearing and no tumor.  There are people who wear only one hearing aid.  I did contact my neurologist since I just had an exam with her in December and she said she felt there was still no problem waiting for the two years to be up for my next MRI.  Of course they always tell you if symptoms get worse, please notify them.

Hope it's warming up where you are - here in Florida it may finally break "70" today.
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

Mickey

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 03:15:31 pm »
Hi Sheryl  Does sound like you have a full plate. I`m just trying to be optomistic going into the future. Hopefully everythig will work out for the best. I wish my temp. was near 70. I`d gladly take 45 living hear in NY. Lets keep the faith! Mickey

Dawn

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 08:42:29 pm »
Great article, thanks
Diagnosed 12/08...4mm Left AN in IAC...Wait and Watch for now...Next MRI scheduled for 8/09 Doctors not sure if its AN, Lipoma or Hemangioma????

Also diagnosed with Chiari I Malformation - looking into options for that

LisaP

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2009, 03:09:38 pm »
Mickey,

thanks, I printed this article out a while ago, it's great!!

LisaP
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

beancounter

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 09:35:03 pm »
Thanks Mickey, that article made my day!  I am still putting off my follow-up MRI, which means I have only the original diagnosis from November '07.  I probably should be chided, but for now I prefer it here in la-la land. 
Newly diagnosed 3x2 mm .... waiting to see what my options are

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 12:02:00 pm »
Bean -

sometimes la-la land is just what you need - certainly can make life easier  ;)

Don't put the MRI off too long though.

Good to see you back.  We missed you.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

beancounter

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 12:29:21 pm »
Thanks, Jan, you are so right.  It takes a beancounter to know one, but I'm acting more like a "creative type" than the analytic that I am!  I am planning to ask my family practice doc to order an MRI when she does my annual physical in April.  I'm sure that will really make her day (bloodwork, mammogram, "MRI", pap smear.... maybe she won't notice).  It would save me from finding a neurotologist in another state and trying to find his/her office with my directionally challenged noggin.  All I really want right now is to know latest size of it.  Ironically, my husband is almost deaf and has tinnitus in his "wife-listening" ear and I can hear a pin drop at the house next door.
Newly diagnosed 3x2 mm .... waiting to see what my options are