Author Topic: Los Angeles Area Meetup -- Sunday, January 25  (Read 11108 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Los Angeles Area Meetup -- Sunday, January 25
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2009, 07:14:03 pm »
Have a FAB time, take piccies and wish I could join you all!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

LADavid

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2009, 11:25:37 pm »
Hey all
Just let you know -- the Oberlin Symphony was fantastic!  I was awestruck.  And Marci was just as awesome.  Thank you so much for the comps (we sat it the VIP section).  It was really a great day.  Marci or Nancy will post the pics and Lainie the movie (maybe). The LA group is off to meet Rick tomorrow -- at least those of us who aren't sick.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2009, 04:49:51 pm »
Hope you all had a great lunch today.  I am sorry to have missed it, but we did have a great time at the concert and for a little bit afterwards.  Our visit was the highlight of my visit to LA (and thank you for the great gift--I love the plate!).  I have a very grainy iphone photo of Lainie, David, Nancy and I but I can't seem to get it to paste from Photobucket.  Can someone remind me how to post a picture?  By the way, when I landed in Cleveland, it was 7 degrees. 
Marci

3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Lainie181818

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2009, 06:12:12 pm »
Hi Marci,
thank you so much for the concert tickets yesterday. I had a wonderful time, the orchestra was amazing and so talented for their age. I woke up this morning with the start of a cold, so  was unable to meet up for lunch with Rick. As he is having surgery on Wednesday I didn't think it was a wise thing to do. I am sure he was well taken care of by David and Nancy. Francesco get well soon and Linda welcome to our LA support group. I hope to meet up with you all after Rick has had his surgery. Rick all the best for next week and don't forget stool softeners and as I am sure David told you, relish every ice chip.
Lainie.
Marci great meeting you, and today it was a " bone chilling " 58

NL

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2009, 07:50:27 pm »
Hey Marci!

It's hard to believe you're back home and posting already! We all had such a marvelous time yesterday. The Oberlin orchestra was absolutely amazing. They sounded like a world-class symphony that had been performing together for years. I was so impressed, and I'm sure you're very proud! Thanks so much for letting us be a part of it.

It was great to meet your friends and colleagues, too. And they were all so happy to meet a few members of your "forum" family! It's good to see you're surrounded by a wonderful group of people who all care very much about you.  :)

The evening was great, but over too quickly - we all hope you'll be back to visit us (and the beach) again soon.

My pic came out better than it looked on the small screen, so I'll go ahead and post it. (I still want to see yours with the "soft-lighting.")

Thanks again Marci - it was great meeting you!

Nancy

Nancy, Lainie, David and Marci after the Oberlin concert, 1-24-09

1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

LADavid

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2009, 08:14:20 pm »
Hey Nancy
Thank you for posting the picture.  It did turn out well.  And we're all dressed up!

And again, Marci, thank you so much for inviting us to the concert and introducing us to your friends.  They are an incredible family -- and it was especially fun meeting Andrea -- one of our family.  Sorry you had to leave so soon -- and go back to 7 degree weather.  I hate to tell you what it was like here today.

Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2009, 09:08:24 pm »
Great picture of the four of you! and a concert to boot.
Thanks for sharing the picture.

Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

NL

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2009, 10:55:51 pm »
Hi All,

Well our group got whittled down a bit for the LA Area Meetup today (Lainie, Marci and Francesco - we missed you! :(), but we still had a great time with our cozy little group of 6 1/2.

We had some new faces, too - Rick (QRM), his wife Jane and daughter Rain (who all flew in from Singapore for Rick's surgery this Wednesday), and Linda (LHarper) and her husband Brian.

Here are some pics:

(L to R) Brian, David, Linda, Nancy, Rick (with Rain) and Jane, 1-25-09

Jane, Rain (too cute!) and Rick, 1-25-09

And for the animal lovers in the group, a visitor who strolled by our table whose pic I just had to take :):

Rick and his family will be in LA for a month while he recuperates, so we're already planning to have another get-together before he leaves.  ;D

I know I've said this before, but it is always SO wonderful to meet members of the "forum" family.  :)

Nancy

Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

sgerrard

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2009, 11:39:06 pm »
Not fair! I haven't met any of these people, and you all are having AN weekends together, with concerts and luncheons and sunshine! I am envious.

Very nice pictures, too, thanks for posting them. Whoever thought having an AN could be so much fun?

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Lainie181818

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2009, 01:09:20 am »
great pictures Nancy. Only in LA are the pictures of the "Cat" not unusual.
Lainie.

cindyj

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2009, 06:43:22 am »
Great pics, Nancy!  Yes, Steve, it is almost "fun" having an AN - I never would have met so many people from so many different places and walks of life!  Good luck, Rick, we'll be thinking of you Wed! 

What a cool cat that was!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2009, 10:52:48 am »
So, what kind of cat was that, exactly? 
M
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2009, 11:47:56 am »
Great lookin' group!  I'm glad you all could get together!  Thanks for posting the pictures!

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2009, 01:56:49 pm »
fab piccies and what a time you all had! I'm jealous!!!!!!  So tickled you all were able to meet up and have a nice time.  thanks for sharing these!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

NL

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2009, 05:55:21 pm »
Glad you all liked the pics - it was great meeting everyone.

Rick was fairly relaxed about his upcoming surgery, and Jane felt much better after meeting and talking to four others who have been down the same road. We also spoke a lot about our on-line support system, and the friends we've made from all around through the forum - it really is pretty amazing.

As far as the cat goes, I never found out the breed, but I think he may be one of these little guys:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savannah_(cat)

Steve - we'll be saving you a seat at the next lunch...LA's just a straight shot down Interstate 5.  ;)