Author Topic: Facial pain  (Read 5178 times)

joycebaskin

Facial pain
« on: January 09, 2009, 06:36:59 pm »
Just wanted to say this was my first day without facial pain since my surgery in 2007.  I am on neurtoin & lyrica and they both seem to be helping. I still have no facial movement but right now no pain to me is great just wanted to tell someone.  I read this forum all the time and it is very informative and comforting.
Thanks Joyce

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Facial pain
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 02:34:32 pm »
Joyce:

I was so pleased to learn that you've had a 'pain breakthrough' and decided to post it here.  Thanks for doing that...and may your days continue to be pain-free.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 02:56:20 pm »
Joyce-

Hooray for being pain free!  I hope it continues!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 02:52:48 pm »
Yeah pain free!
Good bye pain!
M ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 08:02:34 pm »
Wow, pain-free-that's great.  Your post gives me hope. 
Thanks,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

klangel

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 07:19:55 am »
hi all! someone on here recommended a physiatrist for all the pain i suffer. long story short i looked em up in my area. turns out the pain mngmnt dude my husband sees is one of the same! very nice guy and hes been aware of my condition for quite some time now cuz i always go w/ hub to the doc. made an appt and saw him the other day. i'm going to have botox injections! could be so wonderful if they work to make my facial pain go away! one less horrible thing to deal with every day.anyway i get my first ones on the 25th so wish me luck and ill keep everyone posted. it could be the miracle we facial pain sufferers are looking for!

JudyT

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 11:23:17 am »
So glad for you........the facial pain is soooooo awful.
Judy

klangel

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 02:39:50 pm »
hooray joyce! no facial pain! i just recently got rid of mine too. surgery in 2005 and excruciating face pain pretty much ever since. had the lyrica but it didnt work out. take trileptal which took the edge off unless i was having a bad episode but now do botox injections and they are a miracle! that face pain really makes you worn down. i even had to lose 5 teeth and had the synkenesis and twitching something awful too. i am so glad you have found relief. i certainly know where you are coming from. so happy for you, kerri

Adrienne

• I'm a postie now, and it feels so much better!
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 01:07:09 pm »
Yay!  I hope you get many, many more facial pain free days!
3.0 x 3.0 x 2.5 cm AN, left side.  Diagnosed Feb. 19th,2009
Retro Sig surgery with Dr. Akagami and Dr. Westerberg on May 26/09 at Vancouver General Hospital
SUCCESS! Completely removed tumor, preserved facial nerve, and retained a lot of hearing. Colour me HAPPY!