Author Topic: My BAHA surgery was a piece of cake too  (Read 12928 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: My BAHA surgery was a piece of cake too
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2009, 06:16:02 pm »
I was told that in general there is no concern that the skin will grow over the BAHA abutment  - if the processor is worn regularly.

If the processor is not worn regularly the skin will grow and cover the abutment.  Similar to someone who has a piercing and then fails to wear an earring in the hole - eventually the hole will close up.  From what I gather, the placing of the processor on the abutment prohibits the skin from growing.

I don't know what defines "regularly", but I'd imagine it means if you don't wear the processor for an extended amount of time - as in months and months.

Wendy - as for skills, I can spend money with the best of them.  Does that count?? ;D

Jan
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 06:18:52 pm by leapyrtwins »
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2009, 08:23:53 pm »
Hi Jan -
I guess since you're good at spending money, you'll have to be in charge of our purchasing department -- what can we have K do?

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2009, 11:40:47 am »
I'm thinking public relations/marketing would be right up Kay's alley.  She's so positive all the time  ;D

If she can't "sell" our business, no one can. ;)
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2009, 04:08:36 pm »
That sounds like a great job for Kay.  She's probably pretty good with arts and crafts too - with three little girls in the house.

And I'm good at spending money when it belongs to other people!  Now there's a talent!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

wendysig

« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2009, 09:57:31 am »
Hi Jan and Lori,
It sounds like K is perfect for public relations/marketing and I think Jan is perfect for purchasing.  Lori it goes almost without saying that you and Jan are both perfect for the creative side of the business and I can pitch in with that too.  I think since you and I are the only ones with medical training we should take care of the surgery end of things and I guess James can teach us how to use whatever tools we don't already know how to use!  You can take the surgical lead though, your training is more extensive than mine.  ;D ;D ;D 

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!