Author Topic: Happy New Year!  (Read 7301 times)

wendysig

Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 10:18:17 am »
Hi Jan and Happy New Year!

Yep!  My BAHA surgery is on the calender for Monday and I'm confirming the time sometime after 1:00 p.m. today  My doi's office called on Wednesday and said 10:30 but that I should call New York Eye and Ear Infirmary today to confirm.   I was hoping to be first but mid-morning beats afternoon.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 12:52:26 pm »
Happy New Year!  And, Wendy - you are B minus 3!!!!!!

Deb
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

wendysig

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 05:52:35 pm »
Hi All -
I called New York Eye and Ear Infirmary today and am all set.  I have to be there at 9:30 a.m. surgery should take place about 10:30 a.m.   I'm sure it willbe a piece of cake.  After brain surgery, pretty much everything else pales by comparison with a few exceptions.  I am excited but mostly relieved the wait is just about over.  Anticipation is always the hardest part of anything.  We have a busy weekend planned so it should speed by.

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 09:08:48 pm »
Wendy -

trust me, the surgery is a piece of cake - especially compared to AN surgery  ;D

You'll be fine.  I'll be thinking of you.

Oh, yea, and if you feel like sharing your BAHA hat pictures - provided you get one - please do so.

I heard Phyl will be awarding prizes at the 2009 ANA Symposium  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009, 09:22:27 pm »
Jan~
If there is a prize, I want to be in...does the wrap job that I had for the T3 count (& all the bruising should count double!)??  Especially since I thought they said they put panties on my head and that is the 1st thing I blurted out when my Baltimore friend walked in??  I'll post those if there is a prize involved!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 09:23:49 pm »
Hell, Kay, if the picture's that good I'll award the prize myself  :D

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2009, 04:30:55 am »
Jan

I hear I will have a hat for the first 24 hours and will have Rop take pictures -- hopefully no panties on my heard though!   K- that could only happen to you :D :D :D  I'd love to see that picture!  I'll even chip in with Jan for the prize!!!

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2009, 10:20:15 am »
K -

sounds like the ball's in your court  ;D

Wendy -

looking forward to the pictures.  Wonder if your "hat" will look like mine - or like the one with the box and string (I can't remember who that hat belonged to).

Jan

Kaybo

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 10:41:07 am »
I really didn't have panties on my head - I just thought that I did.  The morning after surgery, Dave had gone to get us settled where we would stay for the rest of the week b/c they said they were releasing me soon.  Of course, right after he left, the residents or whomever came in.  They wanted to change my bandage, but the when the Dr. asked the nurse about that stretchy guaze stuff to put back over it, she said they didn't have any - the only thing they had like that was some panties that they give women after having a baby.  Since I couldn't hear well (SSD & bandage) and couldn't see at all b/c I couldn't fit my glasses over the huge (both sides) bandage, I thought they said I DID have panties on my head.  When Melynn walked in, the 1st thing I blurted out was, "I have PANTIES on my head!"  I will try to post the picture...I think I kept Jan's PM with the instructions!  I will warn you though, I look BAD!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

Kaybo

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2009, 11:02:51 am »

I tried to resize it but it didn't work so now you get to see it even SCARIER!!!

K
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2009, 01:56:35 pm »
Okay, K, you get my vote.

Ouch!

Jan

wendysig

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2009, 03:26:22 pm »
Yikes K -What did they do to you?   you look like something the cat dragged in and forgot to drag back out again.  I'm glad the T3 surgery was worth the pain you must have had.  You definitely deserve a prize!

I am hoping to just have a little pain in my jaw and head.

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2009, 06:35:51 pm »
K, you look like you got KO'd by Rocky!  Holy Cow.  Well, isn't it nice to have THAT behind you.  Honey, you just won the Oscar, the Emmy, the Tony and probably the Stanley Cup for sure. 

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

lori67

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2009, 11:48:20 pm »
Actually, Sue, I think Rocky was a little less bruised!   :D

Yeeeoooowwwwccchhhh! - that hurts just to see the picture.  Kay, you definitely deserve a prize of some sort.

Wendy - I'm so excited for you!  Monday!  Yay!  It probably feels like it took forever to get here!  I hope everything goes perfectly!  Before you know it, you'll be that much closer to sporting your own BAHA!

Steve, I remembered to write 2009 on my first check of the year - but I wrote December instead of January.   :-[

Anyway, Happy New Year to all!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

klangel

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2009, 06:34:22 am »
hi everybody! just wanted to say happy new year! i trust everyones holidays were good. mine were okay , some depression but i muddled through and wound up having a nice time.havent been on the discussion forum in awhile. first the impending holiday bustle, oh so exhausting! do you guys get soo tired soo easily? then oh boy, my computer caught a bad virus! my son managed to fix it the other day thankfully.and the good part is that i hardly lost a thing. just had to redo alot of stuff. i'm very computer stupid so i'm glad he was here to help me a little. i hope santa was good to everyone and thet the new year brings healing and peace to all!   love, kerri