Author Topic: Tumbleweed's 1st followup MRI post-CK  (Read 7008 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Tumbleweed's 1st followup MRI post-CK
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 06:49:18 am »
Well, Dr. Chang definitively referred (in an email to me yesterday) to the second lesion as a "hypoglossal schwannoma," so I guess he's less hopeful that it's possibly something else. I'll have a clearer picture -- no pun intended -- in about a month when I get my next followup MRI.

:(
Tumbleweed

Oh, sheesh!  Tumbleweed, at least you have an answer and you know I'm sending thoughts/wishes your way.  It bothers me to no end for those that have more "head" issues (ie: AN's, hypoglassal schwannoma, or choroidal cysts and Chiari 1, like myself...) ... it's not like we don't have enough with our AN's, eh? Pls hang tough and you know I'm sending the wellness vibes your way.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 08:07:08 am »
Tumbleweed~
Somehow I missed this the first go 'round - I am glad that you received good news about your AN but so sorry about the other - and that you have had to spend the last 6 months worrying about it.  I hope that it can be treated early on with little residual effects.  I will add you to my prayer list!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 10:01:58 am »
Tumbleweed -

like Kay, I missed this post also - sometimes there are just so posts here. 

I'm sorry to hear about the 2nd tumor.  I think this brings us up to 3 hypoglossal schwannoma on the forum.

Please keep us updated on this situation.

Prayers,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 02:08:32 pm »
Tumbleweed ~

Hooray for all the good news you received from your MRI....and Boooo for the bad!  Watch-and Wait can be nerve-wracking but I  just hope (and will pray) that this new culprit remains 'stable' (no growth) too.  :)

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Tumbleweed

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 11:24:41 pm »
Thanks so much to all of you who have responded. Your support makes a big difference!

I've actually been very calm  -- almost philosophical -- about the second tumor since finding out about it last December (except for the first couple days after getting the news, during which time I was understandably a bit shell-shocked). I pretty much had put it out of my mind -- no sense worrying about something I couldn't do anything about for six months. But now that my next MRI is approaching, I'm getting a bit nervous. (I expected I would.) I'm sure I'll be a wreck when I fly to California for the tests (audiogram included).

It's so bizarre having a hypoglossal tumor (which is 100 times more rare than an AN) in addition to the AN. I sometimes feel like damaged goods. I just hope they don't find any more tumors on the next MRI. I know that's unlikely, but this second one has me wondering/worrying a bit...

Tumbleweed
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 05:34:09 am »
I sometimes feel like damaged goods.

Tumbleweed -

I think you're just more special and unique than the rest of us.  While we are all rarities, you are even more rare than we are :)

Hang in there and keep the faith.  We're all here for you.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

suboo73

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 04:53:00 am »
I think you're just more special and unique than the rest of us.  While we are all rarities, you are even more rare than we are :)
Hang in there and keep the faith.  We're all here for you.  Jan

Great words, Jan!  You are definitely special, Tumbleweed!   ;D
---------------------------------
My thoughts and prayers to you as you approach the 2nd MRI...

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

catlover

• 13 days post-op. I still have my smile!
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 03:04:50 pm »
Hi Tumbleweed,
I'm so glad to hear that your tumour is dying so quickly, but so terrible sorry to read about your possible new tumour. I really hope it goes away until the 2nd MRI or at least stays the same. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Best to you from Helene
AN found in February, 2006, size 0,8 cm
Surgery 20th May, 2009, retrosigmoid approach
SSD and balance issues
Forever grateful to Dr Siesjo and Dr Kahlon, University Hospital of Lund, Sweden
Two AN:s found 1st March, 2016
Waiting for GK