Author Topic: Pain after ENG...anyone else???  (Read 1325 times)

tenai98

Pain after ENG...anyone else???
« on: December 18, 2008, 07:11:44 am »
Since I've had my ENG test done, I've had slight ear aches and constant low grain headache. Is this normal???  Did anyone else get this. I also feel nauseated something like morning sickness. Maybe I'm just noticing more symptons with my AN????
JO ;D
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

JohnnyDiaz

Re: Pain after ENG...anyone else???
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 08:21:04 am »
I dont think I had an ENG but I was having what I call Eye Twitching that would make my vision jump from left to right. It made me a little nauseous. Of course after my diagnosis I really seemed to notice and sometimes dwelled on it a lot. I called my Dr. and he explained that it probably was symptoms due to my AN. I would recommend contacting your Dr. just to keep them informed and in the loop if you don't feel well. I always felt better after the call. Since I work on a computer all day, I took a break every hour and walked around and that helped me with any discomfort that I was feeling. Hope this helps.
Diagnosed 6/08 - 2.5 cm Left AN
9.5hr surgery 10/7/08 w/Dr. Chandler and Dr. Green Baptist Hospital - Jax, Fl
Post Op Complications - Additional Surgeries 10/12 & 10/13
SSD on Left
7 months later I feel great!!!

Dan

• Dan in Germany
Re: Pain after ENG...anyone else???
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 10:10:46 am »
I've had three ENG tests, each one a little different. Two before surgery and one after and I never had any problems.  There are others on the forum though that said they had problems when they used water or air (to warm or cold).  Like JohnnyDiaz said though if it doesn't go away with in 24 hours, I would go back to the Dr.

Take 2 asprin and go see him in the morning. :)

Dan in Germany
US Army Retired, age 51,  residing and working in Germany.
Retrosigmoid 21 Sept 07 left side 1.76cm AN, Prof. Mann, Uniklinik Mainz Germany