Author Topic: ringing in my ear????  (Read 1844 times)

carter

ringing in my ear????
« on: December 17, 2008, 12:13:50 pm »
another question from an ANer....

the AN is on my left side.  i hear a steady ring in the ear.   it is always there.  it ahs been there for years.

as i visit docotrs, i am asked waht sympthoms i have.   i can say ringing in my ear.   and i hae asked how bad is it?  this is where i have no way of knowing.  i do nto know if this ringing is on the lowere end of the scale, upper end , or what. 

does anyone know of a site that has a demo of different levels or that has a quantitative scale /test?

i have lived with it this long .... i do nto knwo if i am lucky that it ahs not gotten worse or if it is already on teh high volume side ....

or may i ask how you know if your ringing is bad? 

i do not knwo how to word this question - but would like to know if it does getworse.  thanks
carter

new mri, ct scan, mask making and required visti to neuro surgeon tommorrow.  CK date?

carter
Diagnosed in fall of 2008 with 1.6 * 2.9cm AN on left side. 

Scheduled CK at Oklahoma Cyber Knife in December, 2008 and decided not to proceede on 2nd date that CK was scheduled.  I fired them.

CK performed at St John's Hospital (Tulsa)Jan 2009

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
Re: ringing in my ear????
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 12:42:06 pm »
I agree Carter, how does one measure noise that they've never had before????  Soft, medium loud, or excrutiatingly loud???

I think the doctors ask this more to find out how annoying the noise is and whether you can function at a stress-free level throughout the day.  Just my guess anyway.
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear