Author Topic: the big bail out and ssd  (Read 1102 times)

thecakes

the big bail out and ssd
« on: November 20, 2008, 05:08:56 pm »
  Hello, my surgery was back in Oct. o2.  I had many complications, one, a stroke.  I am 49 now.  I won't go into the details now but I'm on ssd.  I worked in a factory for 25 years.  I am so scared that since the goverment supported this massive bailout for our wallstreet friends ,they are going to start cracking down on everything they can to help make up for this large sum of money they gave out.  At first ssd was very hard to except.  I was used to working full time .but over the years I'm more relaxed and have learned to enjoy myself.  I would be way to slow for factory life now and I'm not trained for anything else.  When I look side to side, I can't stand it!  I get dizzy.  I have never read one book yet.  I can't concentrate and stay with it.  There are different times when I would make mistakes and I would think to myself,  If this was a job, I'd be fired.  Can someone give me the web sight for the ssd discussions so I can ball to them.

LADavid

Re: the big bail out and ssd
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 10:44:34 pm »
I'm in the same situation.  But I'm thinking that going after people on Disability would be a Obama nightmare and blackeye.  The bailout target, I believe will be taxpayers with money.  Don't mean to get polictical.  Jim Scott, do you have any insight since it affects your family?
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: the big bail out and ssd
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 09:13:28 am »
I had a nice surprise from the SSD folks.  They figured my benefit at the wrong amount.  I received the new amount in this month's deposit and a letter telling me that I would have backpay by December 1.  It sure will go a long ways in helping pay for Ike damage!!
I appreciate mistakes like this one!!
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT