Author Topic: This Week (11/2) In The AN World of Whimmsy  (Read 2193 times)

LADavid

This Week (11/2) In The AN World of Whimmsy
« on: November 02, 2008, 01:15:15 pm »
Hey Everyone
Writing this on the fly -- right in the middle of a move as I write.

Busy week this week.    Starting off Tuesday, Carson's Dad is having surgery.  I looked but I could find the procedure.  Best wishes to him.

On Wednesday, one of the Boston Brunch Bunch, Elliemae begins Proton Radiation at Mass General in Boston.  It's a month long thing.  We'll be thinking of you Elliemae.

On Thursday, Wayne (mcrimi) might be having surgery in New York.  I'm not sure whether the insurance issue has been resolved.  Wayne, I was going through the same thing last year at this time.  I know the frustration.  Best wishes if the surgery is a go.

On Friday (finally) CindyJ is having a Translab at St Vincents in LA.  Our prayers are with you Cindy.  And of course, Nancy, Lainie and I will see you on Thursday.

And then on Saturday, Glenda has a birthday.  Happy Birthday Glenda.

Have a good week all.  Back to the move (ugh).

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: This Week (11/2) In The AN World of Whimmsy
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 03:02:42 pm »
David -

I really enjoy your subject lines; very clever  ;D  And I'm ecstatic to hear you are moving!  Wonderful news!  Congratulations!

Carson -

good luck to your dad.  I feel like I know him personally from your posts here and I wish him the best.  He's lucky to have such a great daughter.  Please let us know how his surgery goes; he's in good hands.

Good luck to you Elliemae.  You'll be back to having dumplings @ brunch with the gang before you know it  :)

Wayne -

I'm not sure where you stand with the insurance issue either, but I hope it's been resolved.  Best wishes for a smooth surgery and effortless recovery.

Cindyj -

can't believe it's almost your "big day".  Have Nancy, Lainie, and David take the requisite LA gang picture for us prior to your surgery.  I'll be thinking about you on Friday.

Happy Birthday, Glenda!!!  Have an extra piece of birthday cake for me - sometimes I like to live vicariously through others, and in this case it will save me some calories ;D

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 04:54:38 pm »
Thanks David!

Happy Birthday Glenda and good vibes to Carson's dad, Elliemae, Wayne and Cindy.  You'll all be in our prayers. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 08:36:12 pm »
Best wishes to Carson's Dad, Wayne, Elliemae, and Cindy.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Kaybo

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 08:57:38 pm »
Prayers to all for successful outcomes!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 09:09:32 pm »
Best wishes to everyone, Happy Birthday! and David, you do such a great job.

Cheers,

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

wendysig

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 08:08:07 am »
David,
Thanks as always for keeping us on updated on upcoming procedures -- you always do a great job! ;D

Carson - Wishing your dad good luck tomorrow.  You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Elliemae -  Good luck wth your Proton Radiation -- I hope you enjoy your brunch with the Applie Dumpling Gang too.

Wayne - You know you are in my thoughts and prayers.  I hope someone will be posting for you to keep us updated.

Cindy -  Good luck on Friday -- you will also be in my thoughts and prayers.

Wendy

1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 10:30:35 am »
sending wellness wishes to all those enduring treatments this week... just remember, onward and upward!  Birthdays, well.... HAPPY BURPDAY!!!!!!!! :D  For LADavid's move... um.... better you than me!  :-*  and for those attending the "Apple Dumplin" Brunch on Sunday with the ANA discussion forum gang.... LINE FORMS BEHIND ME AT THE BUFFET! :)

Best wishes all for speedy recoveries, birthdays and overall good health and fun to all!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

elliemae

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 12:54:47 pm »
Thanks to all for the good wishes and to David for spreading the news ...
and my best wishes to everyone else getting treatments this week - and happy birthday to Glenda too!

I'm getting a bit nervous. BUT, I won't let a little bit of radiation keep me from those dumplings!  Oh, and Phyl ...
and for those attending the "Apple Dumplin" Brunch on Sunday with the ANA discussion forum gang.... LINE FORMS BEHIND ME AT THE BUFFET!
  Not if I get there first!!!!

Elaine

cindyj

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 07:33:10 pm »
Thanks all and good luck to the rest of you having treatment this week!

My mom will be updating for me after surgery.  She's flying to LA with Brad & I - she hasn't posted here yet, but she's been reading here for a few weeks - hi, Mom...see you tomorrow!

See you and the rest of the gang on Thursday, David!  Hope the move went well...

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings